Patagonia Women's R1® Surf Shorts
More than just a swimsuit bottom, the formfitting R1® Surf Shorts provide extra security, coverage and sun protection in the lineup. Suggested water temperatures: 60-65° F/16-18° C.
- Made with high-quality neoprene that meets our rigorous standards for strength, durability and warmth
- High-stretch 100% recycled polyester jersey lining improves flexibility and dry time; exterior face fabric made with 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex is durable and water-resistant
- Elasticized waistband
- Spandex binding at leg opening with a zigzag coverstitch
- Back pocket with key loop
- Seams are sewn with flatlock construction for durability
- Fit conforms to body for maximum flexibility and comfort
- 130 g (4.6 oz)
Body: 1.5mm neoprene.
Interior lining: high-stretch 100% recycled polyester jersey.
Exterior face fabric: 88% recycled polyester/12% spandexView The Footprint Chronicles
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.