Patagonia Women's Reversible Cutback Bikini Top
A reversible, full-coverage halter-style bikini top with adjustable ties at the neck and back, made from an 83% recycled nylon/17% spandex blend.
- Soft and durable 83% recycled nylon/17% spandex blend
- Halter-style reversible swim top with adjustable ties at the neck and back
- Full-coverage cups are gathered below the bust for a beautiful fit without gaping
- Wide underbust band for comfort and support
- Feminine zigzag stitching details around the cups and under the bust
- Reversible color options
- 5.4-oz 83% recycled nylon/17% spandex. Lining: 4-oz 88% nylon/12% spandex jersey
- 73 g (2.6 oz)
- Made in Colombia.
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.