Patagonia Women's Reversible Telu Bikini Bottoms
Designed for our surf athletes, these low-rise, minimal-coverage bikini swimsuit bottoms are reversible and have ruching at the center back; the body fabric is made of a soft and durable 83% recycled nylon/17% spandex blend. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing.
- Body fabric is made of a soft and durable 83% recycled nylon/17% spandex blend
- Low-rise, minimal-coverage swimsuit bottoms with a straight, across-the-hip fit
- Ruching detail at center back
- Reversible color options
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewing
- Body: 5.4-oz 83% recycled nylon/17% spandex jersey. Lining: 4-oz 88% nylon/12% spandex jersey. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing
- 48 g (1.7 oz)
- Made in Colombia.
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.