Patagonia Women's Super Alpine Bibs
Made with durably waterproof/breathable and windproof GORE-TEX® Pro fabric, our Super Alpine Bibs are lightweight, have a lower cut and are dialed for alpine climbing or ski mountaineering in the worst possible conditions.
- A light, 40-denier 100% nylon GORE-TEX® Pro fabric delivers the same trusted levels of uncompromised, durable waterproofness and a wide range of breathability
- Low bib design with hook-and-loop adjustable suspenders that stretch to prevent pants from riding up
- Two-way, full-length separating side zips and suspenders’ snap-tab closure create drop-seat configuration
- Two thigh pockets with Slim Zips reduce bulk and weight
- Articulated patterning in seat and knees reduces bulk and enhances mobility
- External scuff guard made from ultradurable 210-denier 100% nylon fabric protects against crampons and ski edges
- Alpine- and ski-boot-compatible double-cuff has side zip, adjustable external cuffs, internal gripper elastic cuffs and tie-down loops
- Shell: 3-layer, 3.7-oz 40-denier 100% nylon ripstop GORE-TEX® Pro fabric. Scuff Guard: 2-layer, 6.8-oz 210-denier 100% nylon with a PU-coating. Shell and scuff guard have a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 513 g (18.1 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
GORE-TEX Pro products have a 3-layer construction that comprises a special high performance GORE-TEX membrane, bonded to a tough outer material and a specially developed robust inner lining. The benefit: no movement between the three layers for exceptional durability and the option of combining the layers with insulation.
The GORE-TEX® membrane has 9 billion pores per square inch, with each pore 20,000 times smaller than a water droplet. These tiny holes are too small for water and wind to pass through from the outside. But these same pores are large enough for moisture vapor to pass through, so your body's perspiration is able to escape and you won’t feel clammy or uncomfortable inside your jacket.