Patagonia Women's Vanilla Beanie
The cable knit Vanilla Beanie is made from a recycled wool/nylon blend and has a polyester fleece lining for added warmth.
- Soft recycled wool/nylon blend keeps your head and ears warm on the coldest days
- Fully lined with lightweight, plush fleece for additional insulation and moisture management
- Short brim shields eyes from snow and glare
- Naturally stretchy knit for all-day comfort
- Body: 70% recycled wool/25% recycled nylon/5% other fiber. Lining: 5.6-oz 100% polyester fleece
- 93 g (3.3 oz)
- Made in China.
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.