Company Info: Jobs
Reports to: Email Marketing Manager
Date: July 2014
Location: Ventura, CA
To apply, email Email your résumé with cover letter and voluntary identification form to Ventura Jobs. Download the Voluntary Self Identification Questionnaire.
Please indicate the specific position you are applying for either in the email subject line, and/or in your cover letter; if sending in a general application, please indicate it as such. Try to keep the size of your email under 500K (including attachments).
The Email Marketing Associate is a member of the eMedia marketing team. He or she is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the email marketing program and using that tool to drive traffic to the Web site, as well as to alert customers to important environmental concerns, and retail-based community events.
Essential Job Functions:
• Work with internal customers to schedule emails (sales, store events, company initiatives, etc.)
• Ensure all elements of the email are proofed and correct: spelling, grammar, accurateness, links work, they meet CAN-SPAM act regulations, unsubscribe and other best-practice elements are included. Proof using various email clients. Deploy emails accurately.
• Ensure correct circulation for email (geographic, demographic, customer history, etc). Work with Circulation Manager to port customer info over to email system.
• Analyze email metrics – including delivery rate, opens, clicks and revenue – to support corporate goals for sales.
• Carry out testing of email and measure its impact.
• Conduct ongoing reviews of other online retailers' email campaigns. Make recommendations for changes/improvements to Email Marketing Manager and team based on findings.
• Remain up-to-date with new email tool functionality and determine if there are ways we could use that new functionality.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
• Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
• Must be able to travel utilizing various transportation methods.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple deadlines.
• Ability to work late when necessary to ensure emails are set for on-time deployment.
• Strong excel skills; basic knowledge of HTML/Dreamweaver.
• Familiarity with principals of online and email marketing.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
• Experience with Web analytic software such as Omniture a plus.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Ventura, California Headquarters:
Creative Director Outdoor
Director, US Retail Stores
eMedia Email Marketing Associate
Graphic Production Artist
Human Resources Manager, Retail
iSeries Developer, IP & CW Systems
Manager of Product Sustainability Metrics
Marketing Operations Coordinator
Material Developer – Trims
Material Developer – Waterproof/Breathable Materials
Production Manager - Lifestyle
Project Manager, Print Production
Regional Manager, Supplier Quality Management
Retail Process Optimization Manager
Retail Projects Manager
Senior Cognos Business Intelligence Developer
Senior Software Developer
Senior Staff Accountant
Sr. Cost Accountant
Sr. Manager of Ecommerce Marketing
Surf Marketing Coordinator