Company Info: Jobs
Reports to: Merchandise Manager
Date: August 2014
Location: Ventura, CA
To apply, email Email your résumé with cover letter and voluntary identification form to Ventura Jobs. Download the Voluntary Self Identification Questionnaire
The Retail Merchandise Planner supports the revenue growth in the retail business through merchandising the Company’s retail stores. S/he will be responsible for developing, communicating and managing merchandise plans/strategies that support the financial and marketing objectives of the Company’s Retail Division. In addition, s/he will jointly develop the seasonal business strategy with the Merchandise Manager and communicate product performance and customer purchasing trends to other areas of the Company.
Essential Job Functions:
Financial Planning and Allocation:
• Support Merchandise Manager in the development of seasonal business strategies through the retail division that meet or exceed financial goals and customer expectations.
• Partner with cross-functional team on financial plans and end-to-end inventory plans. This includes localized store assortments, product flows and assortment strategies.
• Position product investments to ensure that smart risks are being taken, basic businesses are protected and financial targets are met.
• Participate in strategic projects for process and operational improvements.
• Work with Merchandise Manager to create Outside Vendor merchandise financial plan, forecasts, and visual presentation.
• Work with Merchandise Manager to develop pre-season style plans and flow strategies.
• Partner with Retail Allocation Manager to review inventory levels and ensure stores have adequate supply to support customer demand.
• Analyze and prepare sales reports for Retail. Understand which product categories are driving the business and identify future opportunities.
• Effectively communicate seasonal Outside Vendor strategies to key functional areas in order to focus the broader team towards a common goal.
• Work with International Team to understand Global Outside Vendor demand.
• Attend global merchant line review meetings to receive product downloads and be fully versed in all seasonal products and related strategies. Use this information to develop Outside Vendor product mix.
• Understand local market data and competitor activities; analyze historical sales performance as well as utilize detailed product filters to edit the global product line in order to meet customer needs and maximize sales.
• Act as a product liaison between the Global Product Team and the Retail channel.
• Analyze the sales results for Retail stores; develop seasonal strategies and recaps based on the sales results, and assist in communicating the strategies to cross functional partners.
• Manage cc counts for Outside Vendor and ensure targets are met.
• Participate in seasonal meetings – presenting key categories/items, marketed styles, and top styles by team.
• Partner with Visual Merchandising and Marketing to ensure a compelling customer experience is told within our stores that supports overall business objectives and meets customer expectations.
• Work with Merchandise Manager to develop Global Outside Vendor assortment plans.
• Manage basic operations within the Retail Systems for Outside Vendor. This includes creating all styles with prices and costs within the Retail System and maintaining all style attributes.
• Manage the receipt of inventory for Outside Vendor. Approve and reconcile all invoices.
• Document and share all Outside Vendor processes, procedures and assortment plans with International Merchandise Planning team.
• Visit markets to understand competitive landscape; document pricing and product opportunities.
• Analyze and prepare competitive market trend information and customer feedback.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
• Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible (and at times noisy) work environment.
• Must be able to travel domestically and internationally utilizing various transportation methods.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• BA or BS in a related field.
• Minimum 5 years of retail planning, buying and merchandising.
• Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results. Knowledge of levers to pull in order to drive GMROI, inventory turn, GM%, revenue, unit sales, etc.
• Proven ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions; aware of the impact and implications of decisions on other components of the organization.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and high aptitude to learn technical applications quickly. Helps to create and/or influence new tools, systems and processes.
• Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
• Ability to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners, across markets, channels and geographies.
• Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and can effectively cope with change.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of target customers and product trends.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Ventura, California Headquarters:
Color Advisor – Synthetic Knits / Accessories
Director, US Retail Stores
eMedia Email Marketing Associate
Global Engagement Marketing Manager
Global Marketing Manager
Global Standards and Testing Manager
Graphic Production Artist
Human Resources Manager, Retail
iSeries Developer, IP & CW Systems
Marketing Operations Coordinator
Material Developer – Trims
Product Manager, Provisions
Regional Manager, Supplier Quality Management
Regional Visual Merchandiser
Retail Merchandise Planner
Senior Cognos Business Intelligence Developer
Senior Compensation and Benefits Analyst
Senior Software Developer
Sr. Cost Accountant
Sr. Manager of Ecommerce Marketing
System Analyst - External Integrations
Testing and Standards Engineer
Training and Development Project Manager