Company Info: Jobs
Reports to: Director of Provisions
Date: August 2014
Location: Sausalito, CA
To apply, email Email your résumé with cover letter and voluntary identification form to Ventura Jobs. Download the Voluntary Self Identification Questionnaire
The Product Manager, Provisions assists the Director of Provisions in managing the product lifecyle for the Provisions line of products. S/he will oversee sourcing, testing and supply planning for specific food products. This is a highly cross functional position and the Product Manager, Provisions will be a major contributor to a small team.
Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for managing specific product lines through entire product lifecycle: sourcing, testing, packaging, through the supply chain to finished product.
• Responsible for managing purchasing and supply chain for specific food products.
• Assist in development and implementation of packaging and packaging design for specific food products.
• Focus on SKU planning - product positioning, category and competitive analysis, pricing analysis, product lifecycle management. Ensuring products are up to rigorous specifications and within optimal price margins.
• Involvement in marketing/communication strategy including creative art and packaging, print advertising, online, viral, website, and promotional materials.
• Work with internal and external cross-function groups, including Sales, Operations, Product Development and PR to coordinate product brand activities with responsibility for specific products.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
• Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible (and at times noisy) work environment.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• BA/BS required.
• 5+ years of product management experience in the food industry, or premium brand consumer packaged goods companies.
• Working knowledge of personal computers with experience in the use of such programs as Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Extreme attention to detail and the ability to establish and maintain schedules.
• Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
• Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
• Ability to communicate effectively- verbally, written and visually - with a wide variety of people.
• Have worked for a company/brand with a strong sense of mission/purpose.
• Have passion for making the world a better place and desire to change the food industry.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Ventura, California Headquarters:
Art Director, Provisions
Color Advisor – Synthetic Knits / Accessories
Designer, 3D Store and Environments
Director of International Tax
Director, US Retail Stores
eCommerce Software Development Engineer
eMedia Email Marketing Associate
Global Engagement Marketing Manager
Global Marketing Manager
Global Standards and Testing Manager
Graphic Production Artist
Human Resources Manager, Retail
Marketing Operations Coordinator
Material Developer – Trims
Product Manager, Provisions
Regional Manager, Supplier Quality Management
Regional Visual Merchandiser - New York
Regional Visual Merchandiser - North West
Regional Visual Merchandiser - Southern California
Retail Merchandise Planner
Senior Compensation and Benefits Analyst
Senior Inventory Accountant
Senior Software Developer
System Analyst - External Integrations
Training and Development Project Manager