Company Info: Jobs
Reports to: Director of Global Marketing
Date: August 2014
Location: Ventura, CA
To apply, email Email your résumé with cover letter and voluntary identification form to Ventura Jobs. Download the Voluntary Self Identification Questionnaire
The Global Marketing Manager partners with the Global Director of Marketing in driving all aspects of seasonal storytelling for the Sportswear category. Additionally, this person will help drive seasonal environmental storytelling and support ongoing brand-level marketing initiatives.
Essential Job Functions:
• Work with the Sportswear product development team to identify and position key seasonal stories.
• Develop strategic briefs and work across the marketing organization to develop globally relevant campaigns that support both sell-in and sell-through of key Sportswear products.
• Work with marketing leadership to develop a strategy that will support Sportswear category growth over time via all channels.
• Work closely with the Environmental team to identify seasonal consumer engagement and storytelling opportunities around important issues.
• Develop relationships with regional counterparts to understand their needs and drive overall support and implementation from a global perspective (research, strategy, growth opportunities, development and implementation of seasonal tools).
• Ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget against a clearly defined brief (written by the GMM) with pre-agreed KPIs.
• Work closely with marketing leadership on the development of brand-level marketing initiatives.
• Work seamlessly with all marketing functions including digital, retail, PR, operations and content production to ensure effective integrated storytelling.
• Support the GTM process for Sportswear and ensure that milestones are hit from marketing.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• College degree. MBA preferred, but not required.
• 7-10 years of global marketing experience.
• Exceptional understanding of business and marketing objectives with a proven record of delivering against KPIs.
• Experience setting strategy, positioning stories and managing project timelines and budget.
• Comfortable collaborating with multiple stakeholder groups and with a high level of transparency.
• Willing to take creative risks.
• Familiarity with the Outdoor Industry a plus.
• Works well under pressure and deadlines.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Ventura, California Headquarters:
Advanced R and D Engineer
Art Director, Provisions
Color Advisor – Synthetic Knits / Accessories
Commercial Contracts Specialist
Designer, 3D Store and Environments
Director of International Tax
Director, US Retail Stores
eCommerce Software Development Engineer
eMedia Email Marketing Associate
Environmental Programs Associate
Fabric and Color Quality Manager
Global Engagement Marketing Manager
Global Marketing Manager
Go-To-Market Process Manager
Human Resources Manager, Retail
Import Compliance Manager
Material Developer – Trims
Product Manager, Provisions
Product Testing and Standards Engineer
Project Manager – Operations Datahub
Project Manager - Creative Production
Regional Visual Merchandiser - New York
Regional Visual Merchandiser - North West
Regional Visual Merchandiser - Southern California
Retail Merchandise Planner
Sales & Marketing Coordinator – Government Business Unit
Senior Cognos Business Intelligence Developer/Administrator
Senior Compensation and Benefits Analyst
Senior Inventory Accountant
Senior Staff Accountant
Senior Technical Outerwear Designer
Social Media Specialist
Sourcing Manager, Lifestyle
Supervisor of Accounts Payable
Supply Planning Analyst
Training and Development Project Manager
Visual Design Project Coordinator