The lofted hollow-core fibers of Regulator Insulation conserve body heat while allowing body moisture to wick uninhibited during sweat-inducing activity. They’re also lightweight and highly compressible for packing – a boon when every inch of pack space counts.
These pieces may be worn alone in milder weather. When weather looms, they complement our Climbing, Skiing and Snowboarding shells and Performance Baselayer pieces.
Regulator Insulation comes in four weights: R4, R3, R2, and R1:
Stretchy, lightweight fleece for wind protection
Fur-like fibers create heat-retaining loft
Fur-like fibers offer superior warmth and lightweight breathability
High/low grid fabric insulates and moves moisture off skin
• Exceptional breathability keeps you dry on the inside
• Same amount of warmth is provided by much lighter materials
• Comfort is maintained over a wide temperature range
• Fewer layering changes are required
• Lighter weight improves mobility and comfort
• Greater compressibility conserves space in a backpack
If you’re confused about which combination of Regulator layers is right
for you, feel free to call our friendly customer service center toll-free at
1-800-638-6464 (M-F, 6am-6pm; S-S, 8am-4pm).