The Inventory Analyst is responsible for managing the financial success of the Company by meeting sales, margin, and turn goals through effective inventory forecasting and management of all Patagonia and Outside Vendor products. S/he should drive financial results that maximize sales, bottom line profitability, and inventory efficiency.
Essential Job Functions:
• Own all facets of Outside Vendor purchases and processes.
• Collaborate with Inventory Managers from all sales channels to minimize inventory and maximize sales.
• Develop action plan to support marketing efforts with inventory availability.
• Recap and analyze actual sales results compared to plan and forecast.
• Create and own monthly reporting for global planning.
Sales Planning and Maintenance
• Partner with all sales channels to effectively manage sales re-forecasting on a monthly basis.
• Support the forecast process (ensure that size ratios, sales and receipts, monthly ratios and safety stock inventory are strategically represented).
• Recap and analyze forecast accuracy for global channels and identify methods to improve overall accuracy.
• Develop key indicator reporting to educate and inform cross-functional team regarding the state of the business.
• Support Director of Planning with all special projects.
• Participate in assessing and managing risks and opportunities of inventory across global channels.
• Analyze historical data and current trends to identify sales and inventory risks and opportunities.
• Partner with Supply Planning team to resolve any inventory issues.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
• Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible (and at times noisy) work environment.
• Must be able to travel domestically and internationally utilizing various transportation methods.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Statistics or related field required.
• 5+ years of work experience in a forecast, merchandise, capacity, or supply planning environment.
• Experience with Forecasting, large scale ERP, or planning systems.
• Highly proficient with MS Excel.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work cooperatively across multiple functions.
• Must have an excellent understanding of the upstream and downstream of supply chain process.
• Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
• Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Ventura, California Headquarters:
Assistant Designer - Sportswear
Category Finance Director
Creative Director - Product
eMedia Art Director
Inventory Planning Analyst
Material Quality Analyst
Product Quality Engineer – Lifestyle Apparel
Product Quality Engineer – Technical Apparel
Product Quality Engineer – Technical Hardware & Innovation
Senior Designer - Sportswear
Social Media Editor
Supply Planning Analyst
VP of Marketing