This position has primary responsibility for nightly system and batch monitoring, AS400 administration and 2nd shift technical support at the Reno, NV warehouse. The IT Systems Administrator will provide first level monitoring and support of a complex, multi-system workflow for our Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP platform and will need to be able to triage issues and escalate to higher level support as required. Additionally, s/he will be tasked with monitoring and managing multiple IBM iSeries (AS400) systems located in 2 different locations as well as provide on-premise iSeries support to the warehouse for 2nd shift. This role is a full time night shift with general hours being from 5PM-1AM 5 days per week.
While this position will have limited direct interaction with many employees due to the hours, excellent customer service and a desire to work with a wide variety of people (technical and non-technical) is critical to success. The IT Systems Administrator should be comfortable with providing support assistance remotely, either on the phone or using remote access tools such as GoToMeeting & Lync, and must be able to maintain professional and positive throughout the experience.
Essential Job Functions:
• Actively monitor the nightly batch process in place for the Dynamics AX ERP platform. This includes messaging users and removing active sessions prior to batch commencing as well as triage and escalation of issues that may arise during the execution of batch to the ERP team. If needed, work directly with other IT teams to resolve any batch issues and ensure that it successfully completes all phases each night.
• Provide on-site support for the Patagonia warehouse in Reno, NV 2nd shift. This includes support for packing stations, triage and troubleshooting of issues with PKMS (The warehouse management software) and general IT issues such as printing or connectivity problems that may arise during the evening. Escalation to other teams as required depending on the technology issue at hand.
• Actively monitor non ERP systems and scheduled nightly processes using various tools such as JAMS Scheduler, WhatsUpGold, Splunk, etc. to ensure that issues are quickly identified and addressed so as not to impact business the next day.
• Monitor and manage the nightly backup processes that occur at each of the three primary corporate sites using HelpSystems Robot Save and Symantec NetBackup.
o Work directly with IT Operations team members to optimize and update backup plans as needed for both open systems (Linux/Windows/Unix) and IBM iSeries.
• Monitor and manage all iSeries systems. This includes general iSeries administration (application install, upgrades, etc.) as well as Mimix administration which includes reviewing change logs to ensure that all necessary files are being picked up and replicated. Troubleshoot replication directly with Vision Systems as required.
• Recording and escalation of non-critical nightly problems to support personnel for action the following day.
• As needed, update or create documentation for operational tasks being performed.
• Must be able to lift and carry PC equipment with occasional work under tables (bend over, crawl around).
• Must be able to move boxes of paper to printers.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
• Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
• Ability to travel domestically.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• Excellent organizational and time management skills including ability to organize time and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to create and write clear, complete documentation of systems and procedures
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Self-motivated and able to work independently or with a team
• Willing to help in any way with any job for the benefit of the department (no job too small)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Must be able to keep work areas neat and organized
• Minimum 7 years of network administration experience in a multi-platform environment
• Minimum 5 years AS/400 operations and database experience.
• Minimum 5 years basic network skills and concepts.
• Basic understanding of RPG and CL programming languages.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, SQL Server and core MS technology such as Active Directory.
• Previous NOC or Operations experience a plus.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.