The primary role of the Associate Sales Representative is to use a variety of Patagonia’s resources to meet the individual needs of the wholesale account base and regional sales team. Responsibilities include sales support through brand and product education including store visits, clinics, events, demos, and more.
Essential Job Functions:
Organization and Planning
• Work closely with regional sales reps and accounts on seasonal initiatives via clinics, store visits and events including tradeshows and sales meetings.
• Become ‘expertly’ versed in all aspects of the Patagonia products including technologies, environmental and brand marketing initiatives.
• Plan time within store visits to cover applicable business issues, support programs and promotional product sales.
• Coordinate with the Facilitator to determine and use all the resources applicable to support accounts.
• Develop and maintain a service plan for territory-including wholesale dealers, national accounts and Patagonia retail stores (twice a year minimum).
• Educate Patagonia wholesale/retail staff and customers via clinics, store visits and demos.
• Utilize resources and information from the Company's Visual Merchandising Group on in-store merchandising plans and improvements for regional accounts.
• Work closely with facilitator and regional sales reps to educate accounts on environmental programs and promotions.
• Provide feedback regarding current accounts, products and technologies to sales and product management teams.
• Work with facilitator and regional sales representative to support sales goals for the territory.
• Engage in employee purchase, replenishment, discontinued merchandise and special make-up sales pushes as needed.
• Identifying prospective dealers which meet territory distribution needs and company marketing objectives.
• Assist sales representatives with product line presentations on an as-needed basis.
• Communicate regularly by phone and email with facilitator and sales team on information concerning specific issues, sales, products and general economic and business situations.
• Relay relevant information to the sales marketing and product teams.
• Maintain an up to date shared calendar with sales team.
• Return calls from dealers and Company colleagues within 24 hours and dealer inquiries within 48 hours.
• Must be able to lift and carry 50lb. sample bags and show displays for up to 100 feet.
• Be comfortable and effective traveling 100 days or more per year.
• Ability to travel domestically frequently utilizing various forms of transportation.
• Ability to stare at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Fundamental understanding of the outdoor retail industry.
• Must maintain an excellent driving record.
• Knowledge of PC-based Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to remain proficient with use of Company’s systems to analyze account business and territory sales.
• Must be highly organized, flexible, self-motivated, and energetic and have a solid knowledge of activities for which the company designs and markets.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully with a variety of people.
• Must be willing to live in designated territory and able and willing to work long hours and weekends during key sales periods.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.