The Sales Representative is responsible for implementing and managing the company sales, marketing, and distribution objectives within a geographic territory. The primary role of the Sales Representative is to use the Company’s resources to meet the individual needs of the wholesale account base to support and service the territory business. The Sales Representative will collaborate with the Company’s other distribution channels and the Regional Manager to integrate resources as required.
Essential Job Functions:
Organization and Planning
• Determine calendar planning on an annual basis that accommodates the company and dealer needs taking into consideration dealer and consumer events, trade shows, and all deadlines.
• Arrange and manage the time necessary to complete the tasks for the company and dealers during the preseason-selling period.
• Plan the time needed with all territory accounts to cover business issues, account goals, support programs, ASAP sales and promotional product sales.
• Schedule and follow up with all the support mutually agreed upon with each account.
• Coordinate with the Regional Manager to determine and use all the resources applicable to support the dealer.
• Present the product line to all regular, year-round dealers in the territory individually.
• Collect and prepare preseason orders and send them to the company for order entry.
• Write orders within the accounts credit guidelines.
• Meet preseason deadlines and sales goals for the territory.
• Engage in ASAP and discontinued merchandise/special make-up sales pushes as required.
• Use Employee Purchase Program as needed to meet sales goals and support the dealers business.
• Develop and maintain a prospective dealer list and open new accounts as approved by the Regional Manager to meet territory distribution needs and company marketing objectives.
• Develop and maintain a clinic plan for the territory. Clinic accounts, including national accounts on a regular basis to train employees in technical aspects of Patagonia products.
• Responsible for doing clinics at all of the Company’s retail stores in the given territory.
• Utilize resources and information from the Company’s Visual Merchandising Group and Regional Manager to work on in store merchandising plans and improvement.
• Work on promoting environmental programs and promotions with dealers.
• Work with Regional Manager on an as needed basis to help support other dealer events and programs within the Company’s wholesale distribution network.
• Work on promoting environmental programs with dealers and implement one environmental promotion with an account annually.
• Write monthly reports to communicate dealer issues, sales, competitive information, and product information to the company.
• Communicate regularly by phone and email with manager to provide information on specific issues, sales, product information, and general economic and business issues.
• Return dealer and company personnel phone calls within 24 hours and dealer inquiries within 48 hours.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds for up to 100 feet.
• Ability to travel domestically extensively using a variety of transportation methods.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• Minimum 3 years work experience as a sales representative preferably in the Outdoor industry.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully with a variety of people.
• Must be highly organized, flexible, self-motivated, and energetic individual.
• Ability to work long hours and weekends during preseason selling periods.
• Working knowledge and involvement in the activities that the Company markets it products to and ability to gain rapport and respect of key participants in these sports.
• Working knowledge of PC-based Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to remain proficient in the use of Company’s Intranet, RepNet, and DealerNet to analyze account business and territory sales.
• Ability to maintain expertise to work with dealers using the Patagonia Electronic Order Form (EOF).
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.