Company Info: Jobs
Reports to: Digital Asset Manager
Date: March 2014
Location: Ventura, CA
To apply, email Email your résumé with cover letter and voluntary identification form to Ventura Jobs. Download the Voluntary Self Identification Questionnaire.
Please indicate the specific position you are applying for either in the email subject line, and/or in your cover letter; if sending in a general application, please indicate it as such. Try to keep the size of your email under 500K (including attachments).
The Patagonia Creative Group is a full service in-house studio providing design, editorial, photographic, print, and electronic creative services to develop and maintain Patagonia’s global visual identity. The Graphic Production Artist provides digital graphic production for two- and three-dimensional projects.
Essential Job Functions:
• Build, create, populate, maintain, and archive electronic page files throughout the production process from concept to release.
• Ability and knowledge to build/create layouts using InDesign with a variety of elements including photographs, product photography, type, logos and illustrations as directed by the Digital Asset Manager, Project Managers or Creative team members.
• Build and support files that will be translated into multiple languages.
• Ensure that production files meet prepress and printing specifications including trim size, bleeds, color space, font usage, link usage, file formats, layers, and four-color and black plate changes.
• Provide typesetting support according to the needs of Designers or Copywriters.
• Flow type into various layouts, in multiple languages and ensuring accuracy of final layout and type.
• Manage large volumes of type corrections and type formatting.
Other Job Functions:
• Keep abreast of new graphic arts production techniques and innovations for both hardware and software.
• Maintain constant communication with Designers and other Creative team members regarding project status.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
• Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times) noisy work environment.
• Ability to perform repetitive tasks using a computer mouse and keypad.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• 2+ years of graphic production experience in a printing or publishing environment.
• Ability to build, create, populate, maintain, and archive electronic page files for prepress in an organized and accurate manner.
• Ability to produce or recreate illustrations, logos, and similar items in vector- or raster-based programs depending upon the needs of the project.
• Basic knowledge of color separations (both spot-color and CMYK printing) and file building requirements for projects with four-color and/or black/spot color plate changes on press.
• Proficient in the following:
• Macintosh OS X
• Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
• Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
• FTP file transfer
• Ability to be flexible within the job to ensure the best processes/systems for smooth completion of all projects.
• Able to work well under pressure and deadlines. Available to work occasional after-hours in order to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
• Ability to work on a variety of project formats, especially multi-page catalog projects.
• Understanding of universal proofreading marks.
• Excellent customer service skills, in person, on the phone and in writing.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Ventura, California Headquarters:
Art Director, Provisions
Color Advisor – Synthetic Knits / Accessories
Designer, 3D Store and Environments
Director of International Tax
Director, US Retail Stores
eCommerce Software Development Engineer
eMedia Email Marketing Associate
Global Engagement Marketing Manager
Global Marketing Manager
Global Standards and Testing Manager
Graphic Production Artist
Human Resources Manager, Retail
Marketing Operations Coordinator
Material Developer – Trims
Product Manager, Provisions
Regional Manager, Supplier Quality Management
Regional Visual Merchandiser - New York
Regional Visual Merchandiser - North West
Regional Visual Merchandiser - Southern California
Retail Merchandise Planner
Senior Compensation and Benefits Analyst
Senior Inventory Accountant
Senior Software Developer
System Analyst - External Integrations
Training and Development Project Manager