Company Info: Jobs
Reports to: Business Intelligence Manager
Date: April 2014
Location: Ventura, CA
To apply, email Email your résumé with cover letter and voluntary identification form to Ventura Jobs. Download the Voluntary Self Identification Questionnaire.
Please indicate the specific position you are applying for either in the email subject line, and/or in your cover letter; if sending in a general application, please indicate it as such. Try to keep the size of your email under 500K (including attachments).
The Senior Cognos Business Intelligence Developer will be responsible for the creation, maintenance and deployment of the Company’s Enterprise Cognos BI reporting and analysis solutions. The position will be tasked with creating and maintaining enterprise level reporting solutions and supporting the business intelligence applications (Cognos) which deliver them. Overall the Senior Cognos Business Intelligence Developer’s core responsibilities will be to:
• Work directly with the BI team as well as with business leads and management to gather requirements, create reports / OLAP cubes and develop Cognos Framework Models and assist in setting up and training users worldwide.
• Work with the BI team to develop and troubleshoot ETL processes and validate data and reporting accuracy.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop new and support existing Cognos BI reporting and analytics solutions.
• Analyze end user requirements and design report mock-ups and specifications.
• Collaborate with outside team members and management to produce deliverables by gathering information and understanding the business needs and objectives.
• Participate in full development lifecycle within Cognos reporting framework from developing business requirements to QA and production deployment.
• Work with BI team to enhance and extend data models to meet the needs of report consumers.
• Assist with ETL processes, dimensional modeling, OLAP cube development, metadata definition, building and maintaining complex reports and dashboards using Cognos toolsets.
• Develop, design, create, and refresh Cognos cubes using Cognos Transformer.
• Create both standard and ad hoc reports in Cognos 10 Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Business Insight and other Cognos reporting tools.
• Design and enhance Cognos 10 Framework Manager models
• Troubleshoot, identify, and resolve reporting, data and application issues.
• Write and maintain technical documentation for Data Warehouse ETL processes and Business Intelligence reporting tools.
• Test and verify data models, mapping and data definitions.
• Provide technical assistance with troubleshooting reports/cubes by responding to inquiries and questions.
• Assist with daily monitoring of cubes, reports and ETL processes to ensure accuracy of all objects.
• Support Cognos Finance application and finance users.
• Assist with TM1 model maintenance, development and support.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
• Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and, at times, noisy work environment.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent work experience.
• 6+ years of professional experience which could include either management consulting experience or relevant industry knowledge.
• Understanding of all phases of the BI development lifecycle.
• 2+ years of Cognos BI experience, developing reports, cubes and frameworks.
• Experience with Cognos or other Business Intelligence applications, and/or Microsoft or other enterprise reporting tools, OLAP, dimensional modeling, and data warehouse development, implementation, and maintenance.
• Experience with Cognos BI 10 portal: reports, cubes, dashboard design and administration
• Experience with Cognos BI 10 Development Clients i.e. Framework Manager, Transformer, Metrics Designer.
• Specific training and/or experience with Cognos BI 10 report authoring tools (i.e.ReportStudio, QueryStudio, AnalysisStudio, MetricStudio, PowerPlayStudio, EventStudio, Business Insight)
• Sound understanding and foundation of dimensional modeling and OLAP technologies.
• Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
• Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proven ability to read, write and troubleshoot complex SQL queries.
• Excellent understanding and strong experience with relational database concepts and design (MSSQL, Oracle).
• Experience with ETL processes and data warehouse development tools.
• Experience with Oracle 10g, 11g and/or SQL Server 2005/2008, other programming languages (VB, PL/SQL).
• Experience working with key business data such as sales, inventory, forecasting, and financial reports.
• Good understanding of database performance aspects.
• Very skilled at requirements definition, data and process modeling, and the use of modeling tools.
• Ability to participate and contribute to a collaborative team environment, and to work with users of all levels to identify requirements and deliver timely results.
• Ability to manage projects, build and maintain relationships, quickly earn credibility and translate ideas into powerful analytical reporting tools are necessary for success in this role.
• Very good technical, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Sound judgment and decision-making, and the appropriate sense of urgency.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Ventura, California Headquarters:
Color Advisor – Synthetic Knits / Accessories
Director, US Retail Stores
eMedia Email Marketing Associate
Global Marketing Manager
Graphic Production Artist
Human Resources Manager, Retail
iSeries Developer, IP & CW Systems
Manager of Product Sustainability Metrics
Marketing Operations Coordinator
Material Developer – Trims
Product Manager, Provisions
Regional Manager, Supplier Quality Management
Retail Merchandise Planner
Senior Cognos Business Intelligence Developer
Senior Software Developer
Sr. Cost Accountant
Sr. Manager of Ecommerce Marketing
Surf Marketing Coordinator
Testing and Standards Engineer
Training and Development Project Manager