Company Info: Jobs
Reports to: IT Operations Manager
Date: April 2014
Location: Ventura, CA
To apply, email your résumé with cover letter and voluntary identification form to Ventura Jobs. Download the Voluntary Self Identification Questionnaire.
Please indicate the specific position you are applying for either in the email subject line, and/or in your cover letter; if sending in a general application, please indicate it as such. Try to keep the size of your email under 500K (including attachments).
The IT Systems Analyst, will provide a broad expertise of system knowledge for Level 1 to Level 2 technical support. This person is responsible for the coverage and coordination of the Help Desk in the IT Department. This position will constantly be dealing with multiple tasks, some of which will include but are not limited to: remote user support, new user creation, troubleshooting desktop and laptop systems, organizing follow up to calls that go to Level 2 support, documentation of standards and procedures in relation to desktop issues, logging calls in the Help Desk software, creating data, monitoring trends and presenting solutions to problems, and learning/ assisting with support and functions of corporate systems.
Technical customer service to employees is a major part of this position so this position requires a self-motivated person who enjoys working with a wide variety of people on a daily basis. They must be good at providing remote support over the telephone and in person, and be consistently positive, patient, and professional with non-technical employees, vendors, and co-workers.
Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for answering and logging Help Desk calls. Responsible for providing Level 1 support to all such issues.
• End User support
• Responsible for the maintenance and tracking of issues.
• Responsible for Managing Help Desk ticketing system.
• PC upgrade planning and implementation of user systems.
• Must provide first level security checks and ensure proper use of corporate systems.
• Responsible for providing troubleshooting on remote desktops and laptop systems using network tools.
• Provide application solutions for users of various desktop applications.
• Responsible for the creation and termination of user logons within the network and email systems.
• Maintenance of email accounts.
• Maintain the laptop checkout pool systems.
• Monitor and set up the laptop systems for all company travelers.
• Process invoices for purchases and participate in the budget process.
• Coordinate daily coverage of the IT Office with others on team.
• Create knowledge base articles based on known issues.
• Provide new user instructional training.
• Participate in any scheduled weekend or backup coverage rotation for the department.
• Organize hardware recycling.
o Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds for up to 50 feet.
o Occasional work under tables and on ladders may be required.
o Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
o Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
o Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
o Minimum 2 years general Help Desk experience at Level 1 support.
o Proficiency of Active Directory network administration basics.
o Working knowledge of PC desktop software and applications including: Windows 7, Microsoft Office
o Basic knowledge of Macintosh systems.
o Ability to discuss and understand technical details and problem solving logic.
o Ability to demonstrate basic mechanical skills.
o Ability to create clear and usable documentation for all tasks performed in the position.
o Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and excellent follow-up.
o Excellent customer service skills, in person, on the phone and in writing.
o Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
o Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Ventura, California Headquarters:
Creative Director Outdoor
Director, US Retail Stores
eMedia Email Marketing Associate
Graphic Production Artist
Human Resources Manager, Retail
IT Systems Analyst – Site Support
Manager of Product Sustainability Metrics
Marketing Operations Coordinator
Material Developer – Trims
Material Developer – Waterproof/Breathable Materials
Production Manager - Lifestyle
Project Manager, Print Production
Regional Manager, Supplier Quality Management
Retail Process Optimization Manager
Retail Projects Manager
Senior Cognos Business Intelligence Developer
Senior Software Developer
Senior Staff Accountant
Sr. Cost Accountant
Sr. Manager of Ecommerce Marketing
Surf Marketing Coordinator