Company Info: Jobs
Reports to: Global Manager Supplier Quality Management
Date: June 2014
Location: Ventura, CA
To apply, email Email your résumé with cover letter and voluntary identification form to Ventura Jobs. Download the Voluntary Self Identification Questionnaire.
Please indicate the specific position you are applying for either in the email subject line, and/or in your cover letter; if sending in a general application, please indicate it as such. Try to keep the size of your email under 500K (including attachments).
The Regional Manager of Supplier Quality Management will work with Global Quality team to develop and implement quality initiatives across the global supplier base. Within your assigned regional supplier base, build effective defect and error prevention systems to maximize consumer satisfaction and minimize total cost of quality. Manage quality of process and product by leading and managing your team of area managers in their work with suppliers, and partnering with other key business stakeholders to ensure awareness and support. Train, establish, and monitor supplier certification for your region, ensuring that manufacturing partners clearly understand the Company’s quality requirements and verify ongoing conformance to standards. Work directly with manufacturing partners on their factory process to identify opportunities and improve process capability on key product and process characteristics. Facilitate supply chain success by enabling environmental leadership with quality products shipped on time from Partners who share our commitment to safe and fair work environments.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop and implement manufacturing best practices guidelines for all of our factories.
• Ensure all factory pre-production, cutting, bundle management, and manufacturing procedures are clearly documented and followed routinely.
• Review present Supplier Auditor Certification program and confirm the supplier auditors update.
• Maintain a professional and respectful relationship with suppliers.
• Maintain supplier auditor certification status, and provide auditors list and provide periodic updates on overall status of Supplier quality within your Region.
• Review actual manufacturing process set-up compared to established WIP reports sent to the company and assure they correlate with Trade card reporting.
• Manage the monthly and yearly budget by region. Variances must be reviewed monthly and reported to the Global Manger of Supplier Quality Management.
• Work with factories to develop cultures that are highly participatory, with a focus on improvement- of the flow of product through the manufacturing process.
• Resolve quality issues identified in the factory or through Strategic Audit or Customer feedback through a clear understanding of root cause and system improvements in manufacturing process and/or product design.
• Generate reports of the overall status of all factories working toward the Company’s requirements.
• Organize and coordinate annual auditors meeting at the corporate office or by region. Work with other regional quality teams, Developers, Production to help resolve all identified quality issues.
• Maintain an efficient travel and expense budget and report back quarterly.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to look at a computer for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work under pressure, meet established timelines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Able to focus and complete duties in a lively, energetic department that can be noisy at times.
• Ability to travel, domestically and internationally, utilizing various methods of transportation.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in apparel or other related/transferable consumer product industry with focus on Manufacturing or Supplier Quality Management.
• Prefer a working knowledge of garment construction, patternmaking, and the manufacturing and processing/use of the raw materials used in the garment and footwear industry
• Working understanding of Quality Management and Statistical Quality Control concepts and practices.
• Working knowledge of personal computers with experience inthe use of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Able to manage others and work independently and within a team-based workstructure. This includes the ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
• Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
• Exceptional analytical and organizational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Ventura, California Headquarters:
Color Advisor – Synthetic Knits / Accessories
Director, US Retail Stores
eMedia Email Marketing Associate
Global Marketing Manager
Global Standards and Testing Manager
Graphic Production Artist
Human Resources Manager, Retail
iSeries Developer, IP & CW Systems
Marketing Operations Coordinator
Material Developer – Trims
Product Manager, Provisions
Regional Manager, Supplier Quality Management
Retail Merchandise Planner
Senior Cognos Business Intelligence Developer
Senior Compensation and Benefits Analyst
Senior Software Developer
Sr. Cost Accountant
Sr. Manager of Ecommerce Marketing
System Analyst - External Integrations
Testing and Standards Engineer
Training and Development Project Manager