Effective Date: January 18, 2017
This policy describes how Patagonia, Inc. and its parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies (collectively, “Patagonia,” “we,” or “us”) and the Patagonia Action Network collect, use, and share information collected through the Patagonia Action Works website located at patagonia.com/actionworks (the “Services”).
How we collect and use information?
Through the Services we collect several types of information. One type of information includes personal information, such as your name, postal address, phone number, or email address. We may collect this information when you provide it to use, such as when you contact one of the grassroots environmental organizations (“Grantees”) on the Service, contact us with questions, or signup for alerts. We may also collect certain usage information from your browser or device when you visit the Services. This type of information may include IP address, location information, browser type, date and time of your visit, your activity on the Services, or a device identifier from a mobile device.
We may combine the information we collect together, as well as with information from other Patagonia properties and third parties, and use it for a variety of purposes, including:
- To customize, provide, and improve the Services and other Patagonia products and services;
- For research and analytics purposes;
- To communicate with you about the Services and other Patagonia products and services, as well as other environmental issues;
- To protect against fraud and other unlawful activity;
- To facilitate your interactions with the Grantees listed on the Services, including donations to them; and
- For purposes disclosed at the time we collect the information.
How do we share information we collect?
We may share the information we collect through the Services for a variety of purposes, which may include:
- With our service providers that help us provide the Services to you, including payment processors that facilitate donations and entities that help you connect with the Grantees and volunteer with them;
- To perform analytics about how the Services are used;
- With the Grantees listed on the Services to help them connect with you and communicate with you;
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates for their own uses;
- Subject to a court order, subpoena, warrant, or other legal process;
- As part of a sale or merger, including at bankruptcy, of the Services;
- To protect our rights and the rights of third parties;
- With the public if you post any information on the public portions of the Services; and
- With your consent.
Links to third party websites and services.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You may be able to set your browser to reject and/or delete cookies. For instructions, check your browser’s technical information. However, if you reject or delete cookies then this may disable or interfere with features of the Services or other websites you visit. We recommend that you leave cookies “turned on” so we can offer you a better experience on the Services.
We may partner with certain third party advertising networks that collect information from the Services, as well as from other websites and mobile apps across the Internet over time, in order to deliver you with advertising relevant to your interests on other websites, mobile apps, and browsers or devices associated with each other. This form of advertising is called interest-based advertising. For more information about interest-based advertising on your desktop and mobile browser, and your ability to opt out of this type of advertising from companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”), you can visit here. To exercise choice on your mobile device, you can use the platform settings provided by your mobile device, such as “Limit Ad Tracking.” To limit the collection of precise location information from your mobile device, you can turn off location services in your device settings.
If you exercise choice you will still receive advertising, but that advertising may be less relevant to your interests. Additionally, data may still be collected for purposes other than interest-based advertising, such as reporting and analytics. If you use multiple devices or browsers, or reset your cookies or ad settings, you will need to make your choices again.
The Services are not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Safeguarding your PII.
We take reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative measures to help maintain the security of the information we collect.
Patagonia Customer Service
8550 White Fir Street
Reno, NV 89523