Product Safety Recall
Due to safety concerns about the snaps on the Infant Capilene® Midweight Set, we are implementing a recall of units purchased between August 1, 2021, and January 12, 2023. For more information, including how to identify this product, how to return it and how to get a full refund, please click the link below.
Our Web Specials collection is brimming with perfectly sweet products—think last season’s jackets, fleeces, you name it—for a fraction of the cost.
Earth Is Now Our Only Shareholder
If we have any hope of a thriving planet—much less a business—it is going to take all of us doing what we can with the resources we have. This is what we can do.
Free Shipping on Orders Over $99
Orders are shipped within 1-2 business days and arrive within 3-10 business days. Need it sooner? Concerned about the environmental impact? Flexible shipping options are available.
Alexander started climbing when he was 6 years old. By age 10, he was already climbing 300-meter multi-pitch routes with his father. In 2006, Alexander began training with the local Bavarian team Landesstützpunkt Franken, and later trained with Bundesstützpunkt Sportklettern in Erlangen-Nürnberg, where he met Ludwig “Dicki” Korb and Patrick Matros—the coaches he still works with today. He made his competition debut in the 2006 Bavarian Sportclimbing Cup and three years later won the first of two European Youth Cup championships.
In 2007, at age 14, Alexander climbed his first 8a (French scale). He topped out on Drive By Shooting— his first 8c—in 2009 and in 2011 he scaled San Ku Kai, his first 9a. Alexander’s 2013 ascent of Spain’s Estado Critico is the world’s first published 9a onsight.
Today, Alexander spends most of his time training and traveling to world-famous crags, where he often climbs the hardest routes or opens new routes.
- World’s first (9a) onsight of Estado Critico, Siurana, Catalonia, Spain
- First ascent of Clash of the Titans (9a+), Nassereith, Austria
- First ascent of Pasito a Pasito 5.14d (9a), Valle de los Condores, Chile
- First ascent of Super Crackinette 5.15a (9a+ ), Saint-Léger du Ventoux, France
- First ascent of Fight Club 5.15b (9b), Canmore, Canada
- First ascent of Super Pod 5.14d (9a), New River Gorge, West Virginia
- First ascent of Supernova 5.15a/b 11+ (9a+/9b), Frankenjura, Germany
- First ascent of Schweinebaumeln (35) (9a), Elphinstone, Blue Mountains, Australia
- First ascent of R.E.D. (35) (9a), Blue Mountains, Australia
- Ascent of La Rambla 5.15a (9a+) on his second try, Siurana, Catalonia, Spain
- Ascents of Corona 5.15a (9a+, third ascent), Pantera (9a), Action Directe 5.14d (9a) and The Elder Statesman (9a), Frankenjura, Germany
- Ascent of Biographie (9a+), Ceüse, France
- Ascent of Demencia Senil 5.15a (9a+) and First Round First Minute 5.15b (9b, third ascent), Margalef, Spain
- Ascent of Hubble 5.14d (8c+/9a), Raven Tor, UK
- Flash ascent of The Path (5.14a trad.), Lake Louise, Canada
- Onsight ascent of TCT (9a), Gravere, Italy
- Ascent of Companion of Change (9a+), Zillertal, Austria