Kate Rutherford's Ambassador Profile
Rock Climbing Ambassador
Kate attributes her love of climbing to the trapeze in their rural Alaskan cabin. Without electricity or running water, she had lots of time to climb and dangle. She officially learned to climb while attending Colorado College, but a visit to Yosemite changed everything. Today, free climbing long crack systems is her passion, which she augments with making jewelry and stints as a fly-fishing guide.
- First ascent of The Washington Route (VI 5.10, A1), Fitz Roy, Patagonia
- Free ascent of Freerider (VI 5.12+), El Capitan, Yosemite, California
- First ascent of 10 Pounds of Tequila (VI 5.12+), Acopan Tepui, Venezuela
- Free ascent of Moonlight Buttress (V 5.12+), Zion National Park, Utah
- Free ascent of the Northwest Face of Half Dome (V 5.12+), Yosemite, California