Dear Patagonia community,
The COVID-19 pandemic is taking over communities around the world at an astounding rate. While testing availability in the United States is still limited, and so the extent of the virus’s spread is largely unknown, we want to do our part to protect everyone. The safety of our employees and our communities is our top priority, and we are taking responsible precautions to help stop the spread of this scary virus where we can.
We have temporarily closed our stores, offices and other operations in the United States. We have also closed stores and offices in Argentina, Chile, Japan and across Europe. Our Australia and South Korea operations will continue on a modified work schedule in stores and offices, with some stores closed depending on location. Employees who can work from home will do so. All Patagonia employees will continue to receive their regular pay during these closures.
We are working to find solutions to protect the safety of our warehouse team, and we hope to have an update about online orders in the coming weeks. We apologize that over the next two weeks there will be delays on orders and customer-service requests. We ask for your understanding and patience. We will continue to keep you updated with new developments.
We encourage our friends everywhere to take the extra precautions necessary to safeguard their health and that of others. It’s everyone’s responsibility to help stop the spread of this virus. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and your local health authorities are the best resources for updates and answers to questions.
Over the years, as our Patagonia community has been faced with challenges,I have always been inspired by how we emerge stronger and with an even deeper sense of purpose. We will persevere through this challenge, too.
Thank you for your business, loyalty and patience.
CEO and President
Drew Chicone's Ambassador Profile
HometownWatkins Glen, New York
ResidesFort Myers, Florida
- Owner of Salty Fly Tying
- Inventor of “Chicone’s Crusher Legs” and “Chicone’s Fettuccini Foam”
- Fly designer for Umpqua Feather Merchants
- Contributed articles to over 70 publications
- Ambassador for the American Museum of Fly Fishing
- Certified casting instructor through the Federation of Fly Fishers (CCI)
- 2016 and 2017 Winner of the I.F.T.D Best in Show Saltwater Fly Pattern Award
- 2014 Winner of the I.F.T.D Iron Fly Competition
- Partnered with Wild River Press books in 2018 to publish three new titles—Top Saltwater Flies: Bonefish, Top Saltwater Flies: Tarpon and Top Saltwater Flies: Permit—which comprise the largest tying instruction series ever published
- Author of Largemouth Bass Flies (2018), Baby Tarpon Flies (2017), Redfish Flies (2014), Snook Flies (2013), Essential Bonefish Flies: Andros (2013), Essential Permit Patterns (2013) and Feather Brain: Developing, Testing, & Improving Saltwater Fly Patterns (2013)