Internship - Graphic DesignPart time |
The Graphic Design intern will support the Graphic Design department in various tasks and gain an understanding of the business as it relates to the design process. This includes producing artwork for tees, lifestyle apparel, headwear, on-product branding & technical garment embellishments as well as supporting the print production team.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in producing graphic art designs and concepts, under supervision of the Graphic Designer, within a specified seasonal theme or direction and communicate and present these designs in a concise and professional manner through a line review process.
- In conjunction with Production, Quality and under the supervision of the Graphic Designer, investigate and set up new print techniques with approved vendors.
- Assist in providing design information through detailed drawings, provide and maintain detailed art spec documents for factories and line management and complete check lists to Pattern Makers and Product Managers so that prototypes and BOM’s can be created in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends, color, fabrics, trims, features, engineering, technology, and other sports related products through travel, research, and product usage experience.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks using a computer mouse and keypad.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- College Degree in progress in Graphic Design.
- Experience in illustration, design and computer production.
- Knowledge of apparel construction and design preferred.
- Knowledge of the most current versions of Adobe CS, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent communication skills, in person, on the phone and in writing.
- Ability to be flexible within the job to ensure the best processes/systems for smooth completion of all projects.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- An interest in sustainable product creation practices.
- An understanding and working knowledge of the sports that the Company produces products for.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
All applicants must be returning to school in the fall of 2017. This is a paid internship at Patagonia, the duration of which will depend on the student’s school calendar. Patagonia will also provide financial support for summer housing and temporary relocation to the area.
This job posting will remain active until March 1st, 2017.