Internship - Product DevelopmentPart time |
The Product Development Intern will gain exposure to the development process thru commercialization. This role will assist with the construction, fit, quality, costs, and sample deliveries to meet the Company’s business objectives. Assist in building and maintaining of accurate BOM's, technical design specification and measurement charts will account for a large portion of this Developer Interns responsibilities. S/he will have visibility to communication of style metrics to key internal and external partners per the Company’s timeline/required deliverables.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide support in Identifying sourcing, material, and construction technologies that support a designer’s vision and product requirements.
- Gain understanding from Manager of Product Development to determine seasonal sourcing strategies, and identify cost / margin objectives.
- Support the development process to achieve commercial viability of designs through collaboration with materials development, design, and sourcing while meeting seasonal goals of on-time delivery, zero quality defects, manufacturing efficiency, and profitability.
- Support proto, sample, counter-sample and production approvals to ensure the Company’s quality standards are met and deliveries on time.
- Assist in the garment fit process in collaboration with design and pattern making. Provide timely, clear and thorough fit comments to partner manufacturers on all prototypes.
- Assist and ensure all appropriate documentation is maintained and is consistent with BOM’s for assigned styles.
- Assist in maintaining accurate and timely updating of measurement charts and tech packs.
- Gain an understanding of BOM costing from pre-costing to production hand off. Ensure yields and material costs are accurate and overall FOB's are meeting margin objectives.
- Gain an understanding of what is required from the production team during seasonal style/costing hand offs.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds for up to 100 feet.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet established timelines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to travel, domestically and internationally, utilizing various methods of transportation.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- College degree in progress, preferably in a related field (Apparel / Textile Design, Technology, Merchandising, Engineering).
- Excellent communication skills (including, but not limited to: written, listening, persuasion, verbal & presentation).
- Possesses an outstanding work ethic, takes pride in workmanship and expect the same from others.
- Uncompromising position towards building quality products.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, PLM, and Microsoft office.
- Possess the ability to adapt and adjust to a variety of ever changing situations.
- Is a problem solver, troubleshooter and creative thinker.
- Will be optimistic and calm in the face of adversity.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
All applicants must be returning to school in the fall of 2017. This is a paid internship at Patagonia, the duration of which will depend on the student’s school calendar. Patagonia will also provide financial support for summer housing and temporary relocation to the area.
This job posting will remain active until March 1st, 2017.