Sales RepFull time | Sales Reps
Job Title: Sales Representative
Territory: South – OK/TX
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
The South - Sales Representative is responsible for working with the South - Sales Representative and the Regional Sales Manager to implement and manage the company sales, marketing, service and distribution objectives in the South Sales territory. The primary role of the South - Sales Representative is to help and support the South - Sales Representative use the variety of Patagonia’s resources to meet the individual needs of the wholesale account base to support and service the territory business. This includes a supporting role with managing sales and service objectives with national accounts and key specialty accounts. And includes outright management of a portion of the South specialty accounts.
Essential Job Functions:
Organization and Planning
- For the accounts that you manage, determine calendar planning on an annual basis that accommodates the company and dealer needs taking into consideration dealer and consumer events, trade shows, and all deadlines.
- Arrange and manage the time necessary to complete the tasks for the company and dealers during the preseason-selling period as well as provide in-store service for the accounts in-season.
- Support South - Sales Rep with preseason and in-season selling and service tasks for national accounts and key specialty accounts.
- Maintain an up to date calendar detailing a daily, weekly and seasonal schedule.
- Meet weekly with the South - Sales Rep to share calendar planning, sales information and general territory updates.
- Plan the time needed with all Territory accounts to cover business issues, account goals, support programs, ASAP sales and promotional product sales.
- Schedule and follow up with all the support mutually agreed to with each account.
- Coordinate with the South - Sales Rep and Regional Manager to determine and use all the resources applicable to support the dealer.
- Present the product line to all dealers that you manage individually unless they are a seasonal account.
- Support product line presentations with the South - Sales Rep to National and Key Specialty Accounts.
- Collect and prepare preseason orders and send them to the company for order entry.
- Ensure dealer orders are within credit limit guidelines.
- Meet preseason deadlines and sales goals for the Territory.
- Engage in ASAP and discontinued merchandise sales as required.
- Use Employee Purchase Program as needed to support the dealers’ business.
- Develop and maintain a prospective dealer list and open new accounts as approved by the Regional Manager to meet territory distribution needs and company marketing objectives.
- With the South - Sales Rep, develop and maintain a clinic plan for the Territory. South - Sales Rep, Supporting Sales Rep and Associate Rep are mutually responsible for training staff at all regional account locations.
- Utilize resources and information from the Company's Visual Merchandising Group and Regional Manager to deliver excellent in-store merchandising.
- Utilize relevant company marketing and dealer support materials to support dealers.
- Clinic or visit all accounts in the territory including specialty, national and direct retail stores at least twice a year.
- With the South - Sales Rep, responsible for ensuring national account staff training and in-store merchandising needs are met.
- Work with Regional Manager on an as-needed basis to help support other dealer events and programs within the Company's wholesale distribution network.
- Promote environmental programs with dealers and implement a minimum of one environmental promotion with an account annually.
- Communicate regularly by phone and email with manager to provide information on specific issues, sales, product information, and general economic and business issues.
- Return dealer and Company personnel phone calls within 24 hours and dealer inquiries within 48 hours.
- 2 sales meetings per year
- National trade shows as needed
- Regional trade shows as needed
- Regular travel to visit dealers for staff training, merchandising and events
- Must be able to lift and carry 50-pound sample bags and show displays for up to 100 feet.
- Ability to travel domestically, frequently utilizing various forms of transportation.
- Ability to stare at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in business or sales-related field preferred.
- Three plus years of sales representative experience required.
- National Account sales experience.
- Knowledge of PC-based Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to remain proficient with use of Company’s Intranet resources and B2B tool to analyze account and territory sales.
- Maintain expertise to work with dealers using our B2B ordering tool.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully with a variety of people.
- Must be highly organized, flexible, self-motivated, and energetic.
- Individual must be able and willing to work long hours and weekends during preseason selling periods.
- Involvement in and knowledge of activities that the Company markets, its products, and ability to gain rapport and respect of key participants in these sports.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.