Internship - Corporate DevelopmentFull time | Administrative Support
Job Title: Corporate Development & Worn Wear Analyst Intern
Reports to: Corporate Development & Investment Manager
Location: Ventura, CA
The Corporate Development & Worn Wear Analyst will assist with all aspects of the Company’s investments and other strategic initiatives. Primary responsibilities will be to help vet and manage the Company’s investment portfolio. The individual will identify prospective target opportunities, perform strategic and quantitative analysis with various internal Patagonia groups, and conduct due diligence. Additionally, the individual will support the Company’s new business ventures, specifically the Worn Wear business expansion with the goal to increase awareness, accessibility, and enthusiasm around trading-in and buying used garments.
Essential Job Functions/Projects
- Support existing lines of businesses overseen by the Corporate Development team with analysis, business planning and business development to ensure each division and investment’s continued growth, profitability and success.
- Liaise with materials innovation, product, supply chain and other internal teams for cross-functional projects with current portfolio companies, inbound investment opportunities, and Worn Wear
- Conduct market research to analyze trends and competitive environment - including identification of barriers to entry, strategies for entry, competitive overviews, and potential strategic alliances.
- Support the expansion of the Worn Wear “re-commerce” business through marketing, PR, strategy, e-commerce development, and supply chain organization.
- Develop 12 to 24-month marketing/PR roadmap for Worn Wear’s various programs, including email campaigns, digital/web marketing, and initiatives.
- Influence creative direction for customer-facing materials via email, on wornwear.com, or in stores.
Tin Shed Ventures:
- Collaborate with existing portfolio companies on innovation development, project timelines, and new initiatives.
- Identify new market opportunities and provide well researched recommendations to tackle Patagonia’s top environmental and social objectives.
- Manage inbound investment requests, respond to inquiries, initiate introductory calls, and conduct due diligence to assess new markets and analyze business opportunities.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Must be able to travel internationally and domestically utilizing various transportation methods.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- College Degree in progress preferably in business, engineering, supply chain, e-commerce, public relations, marketing, economics, and/or data analytics.
- Strong experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis, market research, negotiating business objectives, project development, creating clear and concise presentations, working with senior executives, prioritizing tasks to maximize time, and problem solving.
- Adaptive to change, collaborative, self-motivated, creative, attentive to detail, organized, and eager to learn.
- Excellent applications experience (MS Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written, with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to work in an open-concept office/floor plan.
All applicants must have graduated in 2019 or be returning to school in the fall in 2019. This is a paid internship that will also include financial support for summer housing and temporary relocation to the area.
This job posting will remain active until January 1st, 2019.
All interns will be assigned a project to work on over the summer, and to present on at the completion of their internship.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.