Video Editor (Contract role)Full time | Film
Job Title: Video Editor (Contract role)
Reports To: Sr. Manager, Film and Video
Location: Ventura, CA
The Contract Video Editor is responsible for editing short form projects including product campaign videos, plenty of internal-only work, category and brand/environmental campaign videos, web banners, social media content, and other special requests, with occasional work on longer form documentary-style projects. S/he will work with internal directors and producers (and at times independently) to create top-tier quality projects consistent with the established style and brand standards of Patagonia, and in some cases, will have to operate on very short deadlines. Flexibility, understanding, and the ability to calmly respond to urgent requests and last-minute changes are important.
An ideal applicant’s skill base is mainly focused on creative post-production on a small brand or brand-oriented production team with high project output, who has high technical proficiency in a variety of non-linear editing programs and accompanying software suites and plug-ins.
Essential Job Functions
- Video editing (+basic graphics, sound, and color correction) on short-form projects using a variety of non-linear editing software suites and plug-ins (mainly Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Using a creative approach to edit projects efficiently, on time, and within budget, and consistent with established style and brand standards of Patagonia
- Using a solutions-based approach to synthesize multiple rounds of critical notes from a variety of stakeholders into rough cut revisions
- Interfacing with third party GFX/SFX artists, colorists, music libraries and composers to achieve desired results within budget and timeline
- Working with Video Librarian and Post Production Coordinator for exporting, packaging, and archiving of finished projects; converting derivative files for a variety of uses - social media, in-store displays, tradeshow displays, film festivals, web, and other media
- Research, rights clearance, and gathering footage from internal and external sources for use in projects
Other Job Functions
- Possibility of work on longer form, documentary-style projects
- Coordinating video translation and subtitling for company regions
- Curating select footage pools/reels for re-use in new projects
- Sourcing and license negotiation of footage and music for video projects
- Ability to sit in front of a computer for long periods of time.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Minimum 4-5 years in a creative video editing role
- A high level of proficiency in digital video post-production using Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe Media Encoder, Final Cut Pro X, Compressor, RED Cine-X Pro, and DaVinci Resolve
- Ability to troubleshoot quickly and efficiently
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational practices
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Degree in film a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced team environment with a high volume of projects and archival footage
- Mix of documentary and commercial film editing background preferred
- Experience in Adobe After Effects and Adobe Audition
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.