Graphic Production ArtistFull time | Print & Copy
Job Title: Graphic Production Artist
Reports to: Manager, Digital Assets
Location: Ventura, CA
The Patagonia Works Creative Department is an in-house agency providing design, editorial, photographic, account planning and production resources to develop and maintain the visual identity of the Company. As the Graphic Production Artist, s/he provides digital graphic production support for print and digital projects.
Main Job Functions
- Build, populate, edit, and archive digital design files throughout the production process from concept to release, using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator with a variety of elements including photography, product images, type, logos and graphic elements as directed by the Digital Asset Manager, Project Managers or Creative team members.
- Build and support files that will be translated into multiple languages.
- Ensure that print production files meet prepress and printing specifications including trim size, bleeds, color space, font usage, link usage, file formats, layers, and four-color and black plate changes.
- Ensure that digital production files meet web or platform output specifications.
- Provide typesetting support according to the needs of Graphic Designers or Copywriters.
- Flow type into various layouts in multiple languages, ensuring consistency of final layout and type, and manage large volumes of type corrections and type formatting.
- Publish finalized assets to the Patagonia Brand Portal and maintain file organization and permissions.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- 3-5 years of graphic production experience for print and digital output.
- Ability to build, populate, edit, and archive digital design files for prepress and digital output in an organized and accurate manner.
- Ability to produce or recreate illustrations, logos, and graphics in vector- or raster-based programs depending upon the needs of the project.
- Working knowledge of color separations (both spot-color and CMYK printing) and file building requirements for projects with four-color and/or black/spot color plate changes on press.
- Working knowledge of web optimization and file types
- Ability to work on a variety of project formats, especially multi-page documents.
- Ability to be flexible within the job to ensure the best processes/systems for smooth completion of all projects.
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines. Available to work occasional after-hours in order to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Excellent customer service skills, in person, on the phone and in writing.
- Proficient in the following: Macintosh OS X, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator), Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word and Excel), FTP file transfer.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times) noisy work environment.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks using a computer mouse and keypad.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.