Director of Supplier Quality ManagementFull time | Quality
Job Title: Director of Supplier Quality Management
Reports to: Sr. Director – Quality, Global Repairs, and Supply Chain Performance Mgmt.
Work Location: Ventura, California
The Director of Supplier Quality Management is a proven supply chain leader who embodies a key component of our company Quality philosophy - Build the best product while causing no unnecessary harm. They will define, create, and lead the implementation of innovative strategies that ensure manufacturing quality, efficiency, and rapid transfer and scale up of key products and best-in-class manufacturing capabilities across our global supply chain. This role is responsible for managing Global supplier quality throughout all parts of the Patagonia supplier lifecycle: New Supplier Selection, Onboarding, Management, and when necessary Divestment.
Essential Job Functions:
Lead Supplier Quality Management:
- Facilitate Patagonia supply chain success by enabling the manufacturing of quality products shipped on time from Partners who share our commitment to environmentally responsible, safe, and fair work environments.
- Lead the development and performance of your global team. Provide direction and support, adapt roles and responsibilities as necessary, and develop the teams leadership and management capabilities, strategic thinking, and operational effectiveness.
- Partner with Key stakeholders in Product, Development, Sourcing, and Social/Environmental Compliance to ensure awareness and support for Quality objectives, and provide support for other departmental initiatives and achievement of mutual company goals
Drive Patagonia Manufacturing Excellence:
- Develop and implement effective defect and error prevention systems to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize total cost of quality
- Develop strong, capable factory partners who maintain the right process, skills, and standards and who consistently perform in the manufacture Best Product
- Develop and implement system to ensure continuous innovation and proliferation of best manufacturing methods and the ability to rapidly transfer and/or scale up new products and new methods of manufacture
Deliver Continuous Improvement:
- Lead the establishment and continual improvement of key quality metrics for Product and Supply Chain, and incorporate these measures into both Factory scorecards as well as the Patagonia Supply Chain Balanced Scorecard
- Develop, lead, and prioritize use of best practices on problem solving and continuous quality improvement, and lead efforts to ensure individuals and teams use focused problem solving and improvements techniques to address opportunities in Quality and Manufacturing processes and drive manufacturing defective rates and total cost of quality down
- Continuously improve Patagonia Quality System and Standards, ensuring Patagonia continues to lead the industry in both Quality of Process and Product Quality
- Must be able to travel extensively both domestically and internationally utilizing various transportation methods.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to spend significant time in industrial/manufacturing environments typical of Apparel and Sport Accessory market
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in Quality, Supply Chain, and/or Manufacturing/Engineering
- Direct experience with the development and manufacturing of Apparel and Sports Equipment product
- College degree or MBA preferred, or equivalent additional experience in senior level role
- Professional Quality Certifications Preferred (ASQ CQE, CRE, CQA or Lean/6 Sigma, etc.)
- A strong leader that demonstrates initiative, inspires team engagement and motivation though progressive workplace practices that foster teamwork, open communication, mutual respect, and humility
- Leader in Quality and LEAN thinking; Excellent Problem Solving skills
- Top notch communication and influence skills – verbal, written, and visual – able to connect and inspire a wide variety of people/cultures while remaining clear and concise
- Experience managing global teams, strategic initiatives, budgets, and managing performance by metrics
- Demonstrates initiative, is engaging, and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customer, and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.