Receiving Merchandise Processor - Day ShiftFull time | Skill Based Pay - JF
Location:Reno Service Center, NV
The Receiving Merchandise Processor performs multiple tasks and processes associated with the Receiving and Stocking operations of the Service Center. The Receiving Merchandise Processor helps in all Receiving duties. Following are brief descriptions of each of the functions.
- 6:30 am - 3:00 pm Monday - Friday.
- Must be willing to work other days of the week if necessary.
- Willingness to work flexible hours. Seasonal volume may effect the number of hours (higher /lower) necessary to complete the work load for that day.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the unloading and palletizing of inbound shipments as required
- Expedite the placement and scanning of cases, from the receiving floor, into the reserve rack locations
- Expedite the movement of cases from the reserve rack to the appropriate areas/ pack stations for all direct pull cases
- Expedite the sorting of small parcel carriers returned items
- Report any inaccuracies to the receiving lead or facilitator
- Cross-dock sales samples as necessary
Stocking: Replenishment of active picking
- Expedite the movement of cases from the reserve racks to the active pick replenishment drop off locations
- Assist in put-away and replenishment functions
- Replenish cases in the active pick racks before the rack is empty
- Maintain one wave ahead of the picking operation
- Scan each case into appropriate location
- Return to reserve any cases which will not be used in a reasonable time frame
- Adjust Min./Max. for locations not properly set at line change
- Replace or repair any damaged rack labels
- Complete all QC recall, promotional material and 2nds pull lists as required
- X-dock sales samples as necessary
- Trouble shoot and locate all cases remaining in status 10, 60, and 65 at the end of each day
- Trouble shoot and substitute missing cases as required
- Report any inaccuracies to the receiving facilitator
Work in other areas as necessary
When working in other departments you are expected to maintain at least the minimum productivity standards as applicable.
- Work in picking as requested by your supervisor
- Assist quality control when necessary
- Assist inventory control when necessary
- Able to work closely with others in a team oriented approach
- Excellent attendance and punctuality is expected
- Ability to consistently lift 70 pounds safely
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and follow all safety guidelines
- Ability to effectively communicate to co-workers
- Ability to perform routine tasks for extended periods of time
- Willingness to help out in other areas during slower work periods
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- AS/400 & RF handheld experience helpful
- Experience with operating Heavy Equipment helpful
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.