Internship - Customer Insights & Innovation (Reno, NV)Full time | Administrative Support
Job Title: Customer Insights & Innovation Intern
Reports to: Customer Insights Manager
Location: Reno, NV
The Customer Insights & Innovation intern will assist the Customer Insights & Innovation team with enhancing Patagonia’s customer experience through projects focused on understanding, improving and reinforcing key interactions. They will use statistical, engineering, and marketing principles to identify customer experience opportunities, and implement solutions with Patagonia’s retail, ecommerce, Pro, distribution center and/or customer service teams.
The Customer Insights & Innovation team is part of Patagonia’s Direct to Consumer business group, and is responsible for promoting data-driven decision making across Patagonia as well as leading high-priority, cross-functional initiatives.
Essential Job Functions/Projects
- Develop a deeper understanding of Patagonia customers using tools like journey maps, surveys, and interviews
- Identify and implement process improvements that improve Patagonia customer Returns, Exchanges, and Repairs experiences
- Support data analysis and modeling that identify key trends in customer behavior
- Provide data analysis and support for key Patagonia products via customer surveys aimed at identifying new market opportunities and feature/functionality improvements for future redesigns
- Become familiar with different parts of our operations, e.g. technology, sales, marketing, training
- Contribute to high-priority projects as they arise
- Using a mixture of quantitative and qualitative tools, audit three key Patagonia customer’s processes—Returns, Exchanges, and Repairs. Identify process, organizational, messaging, technological and other improvements to the customer experience, and work with a cross-functional group of teams to implement changes.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Must be able to travel internationally and domestically utilizing various transportation methods.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- College Degree in progress in: Engineering, Operations, Business, Statistics, or other relevant fields
- Strong follow through and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong experience in all Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- The desire and ability to learn new tools; relevant experience with analysis tools (e.g. SQL, R) a bonus.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills a must, as is the ability to juggle many tasks at one time and change gears quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written, with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to work in an open-concept office/floor plan.
All applicants must have graduated in 2019 or be returning to school in the fall in 2019. This is a paid internship that will also include financial support for summer housing and temporary relocation to the area.
This job posting will remain active until January 1st, 2019.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.