Facilities AssociateFull time | Building Facilities
Title: Facilities Associate
Reports To: Manager of Campus Services
Location: Ventura, California
The Facilities Associate is part of a team of individuals that works hard to maintain both the employee experience and the buildings at the Patagonia Campuses in Ventura, CA. The Facilities team takes pride in greeting employees and guests, giving directions around campus and being helpful in any situation. The Facilities Associate is responsible for both non-technical jobs such as stocking kitchen and office supplies or wiping down tables as well as more technical tasks such as performing preventative maintenance and emergency repairs. Other aspects of the role are communicating with and managing subcontractors that perform maintenance and repair projects and the daily movement of goods between Campuses. The most successful candidates will be those that are organized, have a great attention to detail, are extremely self-motivated, are willing to be adaptable and flexible with how they spend their time and embrace the Company’s Mission Statement.
It is a job requirement to have a successful criminal background check as well as clearance from Live Scan that meets State child care licensing requirements. If you have, or later obtain an exemption from Licensing, please know that you may still not qualify for employment as Patagonia has its own rigorous internal standards and review process given the nature of the work in and around our child care facilities.
Essential Job Functions
· Engage with employees and use your attention to detail to proactively identify maintenance projects.
· Perform tasks such as stock paper, office and kitchen supplies, set up for events and move desks and workstations.
· Handle the simple, yet extremely vital facility and janitorial tasks such as wiping tables, clearing dirty dishes back to the café, cleaning up spills, and replacing light bulbs.
· Complete various tasks including: carpentry, furniture assembly, plumbing, HVAC, minor electrical and painting, landscape repair.
· Responsible for always producing quality work that is done in safest way.
· Foster positive relationships within the other services teams and with outside contractors and vendors.
· Maintain a positive and productive work environment and proactively keep building maintenance and employee experience at the top of mind.
· Stellar customer service, organization and attention to detail are all necessary and critical skills in this role.
· Maintain open communication and cooperation with coworkers.
· Continually able to observe and respond to employee’s needs and/or emergencies that might occur during the day (inside or outside environment).
· Continually able to lift up to 70 pounds from the floor to a waist high level.
· Continually able to carry 40 pounds, up to 100 feet.
· Ability to push a cart/dolly weighing up to 100 pounds for up to 100 feet.
· Continually able to walk and run as job dictates.
· Continually able to kneel down to floor level.
· Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
· Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
· Ability and understanding of how to use of power tools.
Minimum Job Requirements
· 2+ years experience in general maintenance and/or construction with emphasis in: plumbing, electrical, HVAC and carpentry.
· 2+ years in customer service experience.
· Working knowledge of computers, email and office suite software.
· Extreme attention to detail and the ability to establish and maintain timelines and schedules.
· Comfortable with team-based work structure or on solo projects; shows ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
· Demonstrates initiative; is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
· Excellent customer service skills, in person, on the phone and in writing.
· Capable of streamlining and improving processes and troubleshooting.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.