IT Business Analyst - Finance and AccountingFull time | Business Intelligence
Job Title: IT Business Analyst – Finance and Accounting
Reports to: Manager – IT, Business Operations
Location: Ventura, CA
The IT Business Analyst – Finance and Accounting is the primary liaison between the Finance and Accounting departments and the IT Business Operations team. They are ultimately responsible for understanding the Finance and Accounting departments’ objectives and requirements and ensuring that they are being supported by efficient business processes and the Microsoft Dynamics D365 ERP system. They will partner with the Finance and Accounting teams to identify and accomplish projects as well as provide ongoing day-to-day support.
Essential Job Functions
- Possess a detailed understanding of the Finance and Accounting departments’ dynamic requirements pertaining to business processes and AX
- Possess an expert level of knowledge regarding Microsoft Dynamics D365 Finance and Accounting functionality and interfaces to external systems
- Represent Finance and Accounting departments’ requirements with key stakeholders both inside and outside the Business Operations team
- Implement new D365 functionality and business processes as necessary
- Analyze complex business problems and identify business and user requirements
- Document uses cases, user requirements and create process flow diagrams
- Facilitate the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders both inside and outside of IT
- Create functional specifications and work with development team throughout the development process
- Create, document and execute user acceptance test plans. Document bugs and assist in their resolution
- Write training documentation and perform end user training
- Validate data and assist with data migration
- Define reporting requirements
- Support Finance and Accounting departments with on-going issue resolution and training needs
- BA/BS degree with a focus on Accounting
- 3-5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst for Finance and Accounting departments in an environment that includes
- Multi-currency, multi-company
- Retail, wholesale, e-comm channels, international channels
- Experience working in an Accounting and/or Finance group is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX versions 2009, 2012 or D365 specifically the Financial/Accounting (GL, AP, AR) and Inventory management modules
- Experience with how Sales and Purchasing transactions flow to GL, AP, AR
- Experience with SK Global
- Experience with Sales Tax
- Experience with full life cycle ERP implementations
- Proficient in project management for smaller projects
- Possess strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Highly motivated, customer-service orientated, results driven with a calm and patient demeanor
- Strong MS Office skills especially Excel
- Experience with writing and executing SQL queries and report writing
- Experience with Agile development methodology and tools such as Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.