Senior Staff AccountantFull time | Accounting
Job Title: Senior Staff Accountant
Reports To: G/L Accounting Manager
Location: Ventura, CA
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for many critical accounting functions including analyzing the Company’s financial results and balance sheet accounts, calculating and posting journal entries, and reconciling balance sheet accounts. The individual in this position is required to analyze accounting information and propose solutions to complex accounting issues in an independent manner. The results of such analyses will be presented to upper management in a written and/or verbal format.
The Senior Staff Accountant’s work may include the following significant areas of the Company’s accounting: Payroll and related benefits, Accounts Receivable analysis, Inter-company transfers and balancing; foreign currency translation and eliminations and consolidations. In addition, the position may require process documentation, analysis, and reporting.
Essential Job Functions
Reconcile and analyze balance sheet accounts
- Analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts will occur monthly to ensure financial statement accuracy and will be performed with limited guidance and oversight from accounting management.
- Present the results of work performed to accounting management for review within established timelines. Accounts will include certain areas of the Company’s more complex financial statement areas including inter-company, payroll, and accrued liability accounts.
Prepare, enter, and post journal entries to the general ledger
- Work independently to record and accrue activity to the general ledger as well as to identify issues and raise them to the attention of accounting management in a timely manner.
Analyze financial performance
- Analyze financial results for Patagonia Works and/or its subsidiaries to ensure that the Company’s financial results are fairly stated.
- Comparing and reporting on current period results to budget, forecast and prior period actual financial results.
- Investigate significant or unusual variances and record correcting adjustments as necessary.
Balance and report inter-company North America accounts and transactions
- Work with respective personnel to ensure that inter-company accounts and transactions agree between companies and that all variances are resolved in a timely manner.
Other Job Functions
Provide support for year-end financial audits including preparation of audit schedules and addressing auditor inquiries.
Supervision and or mentoring of junior department staff.
Perform special accounting projects at the request of upper management.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- College degree with accounting or business-related degree preferred. Some Accounting coursework required.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in the accounting field. Experience can be a combination of public accounting and private industry experience.
- Experience working with a large general ledger package.
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- AX Microsoft, Microsoft D365, Management Reporter, Advanced Excel, Power BI, Tableau, TM1 or related experience.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to look at a computer screen for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.