RecruiterFull time | Recruiting
Location:Reno Service Center, NV
Date: April 2019
Job Title: Recruiter
Reports to: Head of Reno HR
Location: Reno, NV
The Reno Service Center is the operational hub for the Company. The Service Center operates the warehouse logistics center, Customer Service, and Wholesale Sales for North America. Patagonia Reno is dedicated to saving our home planet through constant innovation within our supply chain and providing the best customer service for all of our customers.
This position will report to the Head of HR based in Reno, NV and will serve as a cultural gatekeeper for the Company. It’s a senior-level role having spent a minimum of 7+ years working in a recruiting capacity. They will work in conjunction with business partners throughout Reno and Wholesale Sales and will be responsible for identifying, attracting and recruiting top talent that strengthens the Company’s overall capabilities and culture. Through networking, industry contacts, building University relationships and using various recruiting tools, the Recruiter will help identify and select the best talent for each open position. They must be competent in understanding various facets of the Company to evaluate a candidate’s skillset and job competencies. Moreover, they must have a deep understanding of the Company’s ethos and values to fully assess a candidate’s cultural add to the organization.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
You’ll love this position if you want to:
- Manage the recruitment process to ensure optimal success rate in hiring and integrating new employees in to the Company.
- Create talent pipelines for specific departments and areas of oversight.
- Solicit candidates through recruiting tools (LinkedIn etc.) referrals, social media, industry contacts and outside search firms.
- Manage searches and candidates in the Company’s Applicant Tracking System, Workday.
- Work with hiring managers to define roles, develop accurate position descriptions, and develop recruiting strategies for each role.
- Collaborate with the Hiring Manager, Head of Reno HR and the Compensation and Workforce Analyst, develop offers and work through negotiations.
- Oversee Company’s internship program. Build relationships with key Universities to help support this effort.
- Attend and participate in recruitment fairs, industry trade shows, etc.
- Review and distribute resumes from internal and external candidates.
- Respond to all resumes and candidate inquiries.
- Coordinate travel and interview scheduling logistics for candidates.
- Conduct Informational Interviews and screening interviews.
- Conduct site tours as needed.
- Participate in or lead special projects when identified.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and busy work environment.
- On an as-needed basis, ability to travel domestically and internationally, utilizing various transportation methods.
We’ll love you as a candidate if:
- You are passionate about the Patagonia mission, our culture, and understanding our customers
- You earned a BA/BS in a relevant field of study.
- You have 7+ years of experience in staffing and recruitment in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- You acquired knowledge of labor laws and general HR practices.
- You have experience working with Applicant Tracking Systems (preferably Workday experience).
- You acquired knowledge and experience using LinkedIn Recruiter and other recruiting tools.
- You have the ability to effectively prepare and present information and respond to questions from management, clients, and other employees in the organization.
- You have the ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- You are able to be flexible within the position to ensure the best processes/systems for smooth completion of all projects.
- You excel with verbal and written communication skills.
- You are able to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- You demonstrate initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- You are a strong organizer with detail-oriented skills.
- You can adapt and work in a fast-paced work environment with minimal privacy and numerous interruptions.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- You have public-speaking experience.
- You participate, understand and have a working knowledge of the sports that the Company produces products for.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.