Outdoor Gear Retail Repair Specialist (Seasonal)Part time | Sewing
Location:Bowery, NY Store
Date: April 2019
Job Title: Outdoor Gear Retail Repair Specialist (Seasonal)
Reports To: Outdoor Gear Retail Repair Manager
Location: Bowery, NY
The job of Outdoor Gear Retail Repair Specialist is responsible for performing repairs on technical outerwear, apparel, and bags that meet both quality and productivity standards established for the department. This service is a significant part of Patagonia’s strategy not only add long term value to our products but keep the story of the garment going for the customer. Sometimes we are repairing memories as well as clothes. Since the department is customer facing each specialist must be able to uphold Patagonia’s standard of customer service and speak eloquently on repair options for each customer while performing repairs to exacting standards with sewing skill. This department has a robust training program that will help provide the tools necessary to be self-sufficient in repair capability.
Skills acquired after one year:
- Skilled operation of specialty industrial sewing machines
- The technical knowledge of how to repair the following:
- Mountain sports, ski and technical gear
- Backpacks and luggage
- Lightweight casual sports apparel and accessories
- Down insulated jackets
- Basic understanding of all zipper line replacements
- Basic sewing machine maintenance and troubleshooting
- Ability to communicate all options to customers
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform high quality repairs using industrial sewing equipment.
- Work as a team member in the Retail Repair department to uphold quality, communication, and turn time standards.
- Complete 25 repairs per week after the first year.
- Ability to interpret design intent and offer alternative solutions.
- Must be willing to find creative solutions to problems.
- Must have excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Must be comfortable working in a retail environment.
- Must be comfortable working with diverse personalities and large groups.
- Must be willing to be trained in new skills as needed.
- Must contribute to a positive work environment.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Ascending or descending stairs using feet and legs. Hands and arms may be used for balance (e.g., to hold a railing).
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to travel utilizing various transportation methods.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Basic hand sewing skills
- Basic straight stitch machine operation
- Adaptability – able to adapt to different training styles, methods of construction and think outside the box.
- A positive attitude
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office software suite
- Patternmaking skills are a plus
- Customer service experience
- Machine repair and maintenance is a plus
- Knowledge of our products and the activities they are used for
“It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers, and vendors.”
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.