North American Direct Merchandise PlannerFull time | Global Forecasting
Job Title: North American Direct Merchandise Planner
Reports to: North American Direct Planning Manager
Location: Ventura, CA
The North American Direct Merchandise Planner will oversee sales and inventory planning functions for the Patagonia North American Direct Sales Channel (Ecommerce and Retail). They will evaluate current market trends, sales-history, company marketing initiatives and the competitive landscape to build accurate pre-season demand plans and in-season sales forecasts for select product categories. The North American Direct Merchandise Planner will provide reporting regarding product sales trends, sales opportunities, inventory risk and the state of the North American Direct business to the North American Direct Planning Manager, leadership and relevant cross-functional partners.
Essential Job Functions
- Build and manage pre-season forecasting process to provide accurate style, color and size plans.
- Develop and manage a sales, stock, and receipt plan that maximizes sales and minimizes residual inventory.
- Maintain monthly/weekly in-season sales forecasts informed by current trends.
- Identify and communicate sales opportunities and inventory risks.
- Participate in pre-season assortment planning process to identify areas of product opportunity and risk.
- Perform analysis on current inventory and future receipts. Provide recommendations to maximize sales and profitability.
- Develop and maintain weekly, monthly and seasonal performance reporting.
- Identify and execute in-season chase opportunities.
- Identify opportunity to create process improvement and efficiencies.
- Ad hoc reporting and projects as required.
- Must be able to sit/stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Must be able to travel domestically utilizing various transportation methods.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- College degree in a related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of merchandise planning/demand forecasting/ buying experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of personal computers with experience in the use of such programs as Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Advanced Excel skills required.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work in a collaborative environment.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.