Kitty first roped up in South Carolina at 18. She started ice climbing a year later, which led to winter ascents in the Rockies where her passion for alpine climbing began. While guiding for the American Alpine Institute, she climbed dozens of peaks in Peru, Bolivia, Alaska, Argentina, and Nepal. In recognition of her accomplishments, she received the American Alpine Club’s Underhill Award.
- Ascent of the Diamond Couloir on Mt. Kenya, Africa
- Ascent of Salathé Wall, El Capitan, Yosemite, California
- Ascent of Dhaulagiri, Nepal
- Ascent of the West Pillar of Makalu, Nepal
- First ascent of the West Face of Middle Triple Peak, Alaska
- Extensive work with the Castleton Tower Preservation and Chicks with Picks
- Ascent of Aurora (5.8 A4), El Capitan, Yosemite, California