Patagonia Black Hole® MLC® 45L
Same iconic design as our classic MLC® bag, now in Black Hole® fabric. Superburly, soft-sided suitcase converts to a backpack with enough room and organization for world travel. Meets most carry-on requirements.
- Light and strong polyester ripstop with highly weather-resistant TPU-film laminate
- Main zippered compartment opens like a book and features two separate compartments for easy packing, access and organization
- Second zippered compartment holds shoes
- Two small zippered pockets organize essentials; third pocket with key clip provides easy access to tickets and passport; fourth pocket sits flat for documents and magazines
- Three carrying options: backpack style with ergonomic shoulder straps that tuck neatly into a zippered compartment; shoulder-bag style with comfortable shoulder strap; briefcase style with two carry handles
- Rear sleeve allows you to slip it on and off rolling luggage handles
- 1,505 g (3 lbs 5.1 oz)
13-oz 450-denier 100% polyester ripstop (50% solution-dyed) with a TPU-film laminate and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
1,505 g (3 lbs 5.1 oz)
22.75" x 6.75" x 18"
45L (2746 cu in)
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.