Patagonia Descensionist Pack 40L
The ski and snowboard variant to our Ascensionist alpine pack—this purpose-made backcountry touring pack is built to go light on the ascent but has all the features to accommodate safety tools for epic descents.More Details Less
- Made with durable CORDURA® nylon for puncture and abrasion resistance
- Asymmetrical spindrift collar opens wide for easy packing; drawcord simultaneously cinches collar and closes lid for a secure seal; side zipper for easy access to main compartment
- High-density foam back panel gives pack structure and helps to support heavy loads, but can be removed for lightweight pursuits
- Padded hip belt with stretch-woven stash pocket
- Snowboard carry straps and diagonal ski carry loop included
- Daisy chains on front provide lashing options; compression straps on sides help manage different-sized loads; zippered pocket on lid offers easy access to small items
- Available in two sizes: S/M, L/XL
- 1047 g (2 lb. 4.9 oz.)
27 x 13 x 10.5
40 L (2441 cu. in.)
Our roomiest backcountry pack, the Descensionist Pack 40L has a lightweight, fully featured design that meets all the needs of core backcountry riders and ski mountaineers out for a long day in varied terrain. Durable 210-denier CORDURA® nylon fabric makes the Descensionist extremely light and supple, but still provides burly puncture and abrasion resistance. The Descensionist has an asymmetrical spindrift collar that opens wide for easy packing and closes with the tug of a drawcord that simultaneously cinches the collar and closes the lid instantly for a secure seal against blowing snow. A handy side-access zipper provides an alternative entry to the main compartment and lets you access your gear quickly and a zippered top pocket on the lid makes sure your small essentials stay handy. Your shovel and avi tools have their own zip-closing pocket that features internal elastic cording to keep everything organized and allow instant retrieval. The suspension system includes a padded hipbelt with a stretch-woven stash pocket and a removable high-density foam back panel for structure and support with heavy loads. The front accessory straps make it easy to pack a snowboard or a pair of skis, and two sets of daisy chains provide multiple lashing options. Other features include a hydration sleeve and port and compression straps to manage different-sized. Made from 210-denier CORDURA® 86% nylon/14% polyester with a polyurethane coating. The base is 420-denier CORDURA® 100% nylon plain weave with a polyurethane coating.
Body: 5.5-oz 210-denier CORDURA® 86% nylon/14% polyester ripstop.
Base: 10-oz 420-denier CORDURA® 100% nylon plain weave.
Both treated with a polyurethane coating
|Best Use||Ski/Snowboard, Climbing|
|Weight||1047 g (2 lb. 4.9 oz.)<br>27 x 13 x 10.5<br>40 L (2441 cu. in.)|