Patagonia Houdini™ Pants
A featherweight, weather-resistant emergency layer, engineered to fit both men and women.
- Featherweight 100% recycled nylon ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Snapped pocket converts to stuffsack with a reinforced carabiner clip-in loop
- Extended snap closure on lower cuff allows for easy on/off over shoes
- P-6 woven reflective logo at back-right hip
- Unisex fit with wide waistband that folds for an improved fit across genders. Extended sizes also available. Please reference hip measurements on size chart for most accurate fit
- Can be worn over baselayers and light midlayers
- 108 g (3.8 oz)
Female model is 5'9" and wearing a size Small
1.2-oz 100% recycled nylon ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finishView The Footprint Chronicles
Durable Water Repellent
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.