Patagonia Men's Houdini® Snap-T® Pullover
An ultralight pullover with kangaroo-style hand pockets and a hidden secure zipper pocket that doubles as a stuffsack.
- Made of featherweight 100% recycled nylon ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Lightweight snaps at center front
- Left-chest pocket has flap and snap closure
- Kangaroo-style front pocket hides a secure zipper pocket that converts to stuffsack
- Elasticized cuffs and hem
- Sized to accommodate a baselayer or light midlayer
- 113 g (4 oz)
1.2-oz 100% recycled nylon ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.