Patagonia Men's Iron Forge Hemp® Canvas Chore Coat
Made from our innovative 12.9-oz Iron Forge Hemp™ canvas, which is 25% more abrasion resistant than conventional cotton duck canvas and needs no break-in, this versatile unlined work coat has your back for the longest days on the job. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Made of durable, comfortable and highly abrasion-resistant 12.9-oz 55% industrial hemp/27% recycled polyester/18% organic cotton canvas
- Rugged and easy to operate with work gloves or cold hands
- Longer sleeve placket allows easy roll-up past the elbow
- Allows excellent freedom of movement through the upper body
- One left-chest drop-in pocket; two lower-front drop-in pockets; two hidden side-entry handwarmer pockets
- Stash your phone, wallet, keys and other valuables
- Customizable fit with or without layers
- 1,089 g (38.4 oz)
12.9-oz 55% industrial hemp/27% recycled polyester/18% organic cotton.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
To accommodate a wide range of movement and layering, our Workwear styles have a generous cut. The pants fit true to waist size but are roomy through the legs. The jackets are bigger than most of our styles—especially around the shoulders and back. Folks who have a leaner build or don't wear multiple layers might want to order one size smaller than usual.
Hemp is an alternative natural fiber that’s cultivated with low impact on the environment. It requires no irrigation or synthetic fertilizers, and is harvested and processed by hand. It’s one of the most durable natural fibers on the planet, and results in a fabric with a wonderful drape, comparable to linen.
Unfortunately, industrial hemp is illegal to grow in most parts of the world because government agencies continue to associate it with marijuana. We currently import our high-quality hemp from China, and continue to hope that it might someday grow freely again.
Patagonia makes garments with hemp alone or blended with other fibers like recycled polyester, organic cotton and spandex.
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.