Patagonia Men's Iron Forge Hemp® Canvas Insulated Overalls - Regular
We lined our tough 12.9-oz Iron Forge Hemp™ canvas overalls with quilted 60-g Thermogreen® insulation and added heavy-duty nylon double-denier reinforcements at main contact points, tactical pockets and doubled knees that accommodate knee pads. Zipper/snap closure legs for easy step in/step out.
- Made from strong and supple 12.9-oz 55% industrial hemp/27% recycled polyester/18% organic cotton cloth; quilted 60-g Thermogreen® insulation for warmth
- Adjustable suspenders for a customizable fit
- Zippered pocket on bib keeps a phone, wallet and other valuables secure; utility pocket keeps small tools and a pencil handy; handwarmer pocket gets cold fingers moving
- Deep front pockets with horizontal gussets are large enough to hold hand tools. The gussets hold an everyday-carry knife or tape measure
- Reinforced seat pockets and hammer loop keep tools at-the-ready
- Double knees with bottom openings make it easy to insert and remove knee pads on the job
- Reinforced at high-contact points. The zippered legs make for easy on/off. Zipper is covered with snap closure cover to protect finished surfaces.
- 2,067 g (72.9 oz)
12.9-oz 55% industrial hemp/27% recycled polyester/18% organic cotton.
Lining: 100% recycled polyester taffeta.
Insulation: 60-g Thermogreen® 100% polyester (92% recycled).
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
To accommodate a wide range of movement and layering, our Workwear styles have a generous cut. The pants fit true to waist size but are roomy through the legs. The jackets are bigger than most of our styles—especially around the shoulders and back. Folks who have a leaner build or don't wear multiple layers might want to order one size smaller than usual.
Hemp is an alternative natural fiber that’s cultivated with low impact on the environment. It requires no irrigation or synthetic fertilizers, and is harvested and processed by hand. It’s one of the most durable natural fibers on the planet, and results in a fabric with a wonderful drape, comparable to linen.
Unfortunately, industrial hemp is illegal to grow in most parts of the world because government agencies continue to associate it with marijuana. We currently import our high-quality hemp from China, and continue to hope that it might someday grow freely again.
Patagonia makes garments with hemp alone or blended with other fibers like recycled polyester, organic cotton and spandex.
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.