Patagonia Men's Lightweight All-Wear Hemp Volley Pants
Everyday-wear volley pants made of lightweight organic cotton/hemp fabric for cool-wearing comfort in hot weather. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Made of 76% organic cotton/24% hemp plain weave with an anti-pilling finish
- Slim fit: cut to sit on the waist with a regular rise; not too loose but not too tight in the seat and thighs, then cut straight down to the ankle
- Classic elastic waistband styling with functional fly, button closure and drawcord
- Two slanted side-entry front pockets; two welted back drop-in pockets
- Clean-finished hem
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 352 g (12.4 oz)
Body: 4.5-oz 76% organic cotton/24% hemp plain weave with an anti-pilling finish.
Pocket lining: 3.8-oz 65% recycled polyester/35% organic cotton twill.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
Hemp is an alternative natural fiber that’s cultivated with low impact on the environment. It requires no irrigation or synthetic fertilizers, and is harvested and processed by hand. It’s one of the most durable natural fibers on the planet, and results in a fabric with a wonderful drape, comparable to linen.
Unfortunately, industrial hemp is illegal to grow in most parts of the world because government agencies continue to associate it with marijuana. We currently import our high-quality hemp from China, and continue to hope that it might someday grow freely again.
Patagonia makes garments with hemp alone or blended with other fibers like recycled polyester, organic cotton and spandex.
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.