Patagonia Men's Organic Cotton Lightweight Gi Pants
Every day, multifunctional pants made from a lightweight organic cotton twill. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Made of lightweight organic cotton twill for an easy-on-the-skin feel and comfort in warm weather
- Button-front elasticized waistband for comfort, an integrated belt and buckle for a custom fit and a zipper fly
- Two slanted, side-entry front pockets and two welted rear pockets
- The gusseted crotch allows the full range of hip and leg motion
- Size M is 32"
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn, which means the people who made them earned a premium for their labor
- 428 g (15.1 oz)
5.5-oz 100% organic cotton lightweight twill.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.
In 1996, with an increased awareness of the dangers of pesticide use and synthetic fertilizers in growing conventional cotton, we began the exclusive use of organically grown cotton in all of our cotton products.
The quality of organic cotton is equal to or better than conventionally grown cotton, yet organically grown methods support biodiversity and healthy ecosystems, improve the quality of soil and often use less water. Growing organically takes more time, requires more knowledge and skill, and, for now, costs more. But it’s worth it.
To ensure we are buying cotton that is organic as defined by the USDA’s National Organic Program, we require numerous certificates issued by an accredited third-party certification body for every step of the supply chain, from farm to factories.