Patagonia Men's Rio Gallegos Zip-Front Waders - Regular
Our highest-performing, most durable and feature-rich waterproof/breathable waders, with a TIZIP® waterproof front zipper and trimmer upper-body fit that still allows easy layering.More Details Less
- H2No® Performance Standard polyester microfiber shell with proprietary waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish; highly durable and puncture-resistant fabric has no multiple layers or added weight
- Submersible TIZIP® front zipper is fully waterproof; waist-mounted EZ-Lock suspenders allow easy conversion from chest to waist height; full elastic belt
- Innovative SSC (single-seam construction) seaming eliminates seams from highest-wear points on inside of legs
- Interior organization: welded TPU-waterproof zippered pocket flips out for easy access; two drop-in stretch pockets; two internal daisy chains for tools; center-back hanger loop for easy drying
- Exterior organization: chest handwarmer pockets; two stash pockets with water-resistant zippers; laser-cut Hypalon® utility keeper on suspenders allows easy access to tools, nippers, etc.
- Articulated legs; removable foam knee pads
- Anatomical left and right booties have lower volume, a more sock-like fit and are poly-grid lined for additional warmth and comfort; resilient 4mm neoprene resists compaction for greater durability
- 1,315 g (2 lbs 14.4 oz)
The Rio Gallegos Zip-Front Waders bring the convenience of a waterproof front TIZIP® zipper to the toughest, most puncture-resistant, waterproof/breathable waders that we know how to engineer. They're built from our tested-and-proven 4-layer H2No® Performance Standard fabric package, with single-seam construction that routes critical seams away from areas of high wear and a robust feature set that offers the highest level of comfort, performance and durability. A slightly trimmer profile around the hips, waist and chest provides an improved fit that still easily accepts layers for long, cold sessions, while the innovative internal suspension system allows easy conversion to waist height when you aren’t wading deep. Motion-oriented patterning through the crotch means it’s no problem to swing a leg over gunwales, and articulation in the leg is designed for moments when fishing brings you to your knees—like keeping a fish wet during the photograph and release. If you fish in and out of boats, you’ll also appreciate the flat-panel gravel guards: they drain water quickly while resisting abrasion and wear while hiking or wading. Our booties have a more anatomical, sock-like fit and are made from a denser 4mm neoprene that resists compaction better over the long haul and have a poly-grid lining for added comfort. Outside, there are two handwarmer pockets and two stash pockets with water-resistant zippers. Interior gear storage includes a waterproof, flip-out welded TPU pocket; two new drop-in stretch pockets; and two internal daisy chains for tools. Other fishing-friendly features: center-back hanger loop for easy drying; stretch wading belt with low-profile buckle; removable knee pads; and a raised Fitz Roy Trout logo tops it off. Field repair kit included.
H2No® Performance Standard shell.
Upper: 4-layer, 5.8-oz 100% polyester microfiber high-density taffeta.
Lower: 4-layer, 8.8-oz 100% polyester microfiber high-density double-weave taffeta.
Both with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
|Weight||1,315 g (2 lbs 14.4 oz)|
|Fabric||H2No® Performance Standard shell. Upper: 4-layer, 5.8-oz 100% polyester microfiber high-density taffeta. Lower: 4-layer, 8.8-oz 100% polyester microfiber high-density double-weave taffeta. Both with a waterproof/breathable barrier|
Patagonia developed the 4-layer fabric construction for our waders to increase breathability and abrasion resistance, move moisture away from the body, and decrease the weight.
Our exterior fabrics are densely woven 100% polyester microfibers for durability and puncture resistance. On one side we apply our H2No® waterproof coating for waterproof/breathable performance. On the other side we apply a Hydrophilic laminate that pulls moisture away from the body so it can be passed out through the exterior shell.
To protect the hydrophilic laminate we use a soft polyester tricot lining that increases abrasion resistance yet maintains a soft, supple drape. Finally, we apply a DWR (durable water repellent) treatment as the first line of defense in keeping these waders waterproof.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.