Patagonia Men's Stretch Planing Boardshorts - 19"
Our most versatile all-around boardshorts, the high-performing Stretch Planings are made from a fast-drying, superlight 3.7-oz 91% recycled polyester/9% spandex with four-way stretch for surfing, bodysurfing and warm-weather wear. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Made of a light and durable 3.7-oz 91% recycled polyester/9% spandex with four-way stretch, a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection
- Streamlined fit maximizes fabric stretch and is engineered to minimize seams
- Traditional, multipiece waistband replaced by fused design that eliminates a fabric layer; design follows the shape of the hips to stay in place during movement
- Forward inseam design helps eliminate chafing
- Self-draining pocket on right hip has a non-corroding plastic zipper with internal key loop and pull cord; shorts can also pack into the pocket for travel ease
- Curved outseam with notched hem for ease of movement; outseam is 19", designed for surfers who prefer a trimmer, more pared-down silhouette
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 119 g (4.2 oz)
3.7-oz 91% recycled polyester/9% spandex with four-way stretch, a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.