Patagonia Men's Stretch Wavefarer® Boardshorts - 21"
Adding stretch to the durability and comfort of our tried-and-true Wavefarer® Boardshorts, the Stretch Wavefarer® Boardshorts feature a quick-drying 96% nylon (62% recycled)/4% spandex fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Made from quick-drying and durable 96% nylon (62% recycled)/4% spandex with 2-way stretch, a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection
- Contoured waistband for secure and comfortable fit; flat-lying fly with a single rubber button; ladderlock drawstring closure; turned and bartacked drawstring is durable and adds security
- Self-draining pocket on right hip has a noncorroding, recyclable plastic zipper with an internal key loop and zipper pull for ease of use
- Forward inseam helps eliminate chafing; improved seat design for ease of movement; straightened side seam for mobility
- Hip pocket doubles as a self-storage pouch
- Outseam is 21"; regular length provides a more traditional choice and greater sun protection for the legs
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 198 g (7 oz)
4.2-oz 96% nylon (62% recycled)/4% spandex with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.