Patagonia Men's Sunshade Technical Hoody
Built for the heat and humidity of flats fishing, this fast-wicking, quick-drying and highly breathable technical hoody is made from a soft 100% polyester (60% recycled) fabric with 50+ UPF sun protection and HeiQ® Fresh durable odor control. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Lightweight, quick-drying and highly breathable 100% polyester (60% recycled) double knit with 50+ UPF sun protection and HeiQ® Fresh durable odor control
- Generous hood is designed to be worn over a baseball cap for additional protection
- Front-chest pocket with vertical zip closure; zipper is durable plastic that won’t corrode in wet environments
- Thumb holes on the cuffs for additional sun protection for the backs of the hands
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 224 g (7.9 oz)
3.5-oz 100% polyester (60% recycled) double knit with HeiQ® Fresh durable odor control and 50+ UPF sun protection.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
HeiQ® Fresh uses the natural antimicrobial properties of silver ions to keep clothes odor free. It’s made from recycled silver salt*— the ions of which are naturally present in our environment and can be found in our drinking water, salt water and soil—that effectively inhibits the metabolism of the bacteria from processing odorless sweat into body odor.
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).